Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ABS modulator recall? 2020 XR  (Read 800 times)

Online Macduff

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR TE
  • Town: Nr Toon Town
ABS modulator recall? 2020 XR
« on: October 09, 2020, 09:51:10 AM »
I've just dropped my XR TE off for its 1st service they mentioned it had a recall on the ABS modulator. I've not come across that one before to my recollection. I also mentioned the clutch cable rubbing on the radiator fins and chap said it might be a mis route through a bracket up near the headstock and would check that out , I'll hear more when I get to go pick it up later . They gave me a 750GS as a courtesy bike, & pleasantly surprised at its poke for a smallish twin, they have thrown the options catalogue at this one even had cruise control . seems it would make a nice bike for general kicking about commuting do everything ride, weirdly it has an enduro mode event though it was fitted with alloy not spoked wheels, mind the road tyres it came on would deter anyone from attempting a green lane  .

Offline Molsal

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR-TE
  • Town: Flitcham
Re: ABS modulator recall? 2020 XR
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 01:22:00 PM »
I was told the same on Tuesday when mine went in for 1st service. Apparently it's just one of the mounting screws that needs replacing. My dealer reckons 1.5 hours as it's a pig to get to.

Online Macduff

• XR Member
  • Town: Nr Toon Town
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 01:43:11 PM »
Cheers Well that'll be why they haven't called back yet to advise its done (dropped off just as they opened up this morning)

Offline Mab1067

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: PETERHEAD
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 03:13:10 PM »
Hmm, thats not great. Just had mine for 1st service last week. No mention of recall for either issue.
Can feel a phone call to dealer coming up??

Offline Dart289

• XR Member
  • Town: Lansdale
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 04:16:13 PM »
first i hear about the caliper recall, now this yikes! Lets hope nothing else creeps up.
"Rubber side" - Down

Offline Gothrick

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 06:56:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mab1067 [+]
Hmm, thats not great. Just had mine for 1st service last week. No mention of recall for either issue.
Can feel a phone call to dealer coming up??
What did they say?

Offline Molsal

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR-TE
  • Town: Flitcham
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 12:31:35 AM »
My dealer said it was no big deal, and they had not even been issued with any replacement parts yet. He advised me to give them a call on a nice winters/spring day and they will fit me in. Sycamore Motorrad Hampton.

Offline esso_sa

• XR Pro
  • Town: Sarajevo
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 09:55:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by Molsal [+]
I was told the same on Tuesday when mine went in for 1st service. Apparently it's just one of the mounting screws that needs replacing. My dealer reckons 1.5 hours as it's a pig to get to.

Just got the same info from my dealer - ABS modulator bolt needs to be replaced... I wonder what bolt is it and what's the issue with it...
15 days ago I got my headlight replaced under warranty - right side low beam lens casing was scraping against the headlight glass when you are adjusting it
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 09:57:30 PM by esso_sa »

Offline AUXR1000

• XR Junior
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 07:09:55 AM »
The campaign is to remove a bolt which makes the module too rigidly mounted to the frame. The bolt is replaced with a blind rivet. All other bolts securing the module go through a rubber mounting.

Offline Mtbman24

• XR Member
  • Town: Burnaby, BC
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 12:32:44 AM »
When I had my first service done a few weeks ago there were 3 recalls performed(CDN model):

1. ABS bolt recall:  ABS bolt replaced with "plastic rivet" - as described above.
2. Front caliper inspection - basically some front calipers were defective and leaked brake fluid.  If inspection reveals a leak, both front calipers are replaced.  If no leak found, no replacement required.
3. Abrasion protection recall: Inspection of wiring harness to check for chafe marks and apply abrasion protection in accordance with BMW Bulletin.
| -------- _ o                /^\          /^\
| ------- _`\>,\            /    \  /^\   /    \
| ------- (*)/ (*)         /       V    V      \
I plan to live forever.  So far, so good!

dysfunctional