Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ABS modulator recall? 2020 XR  (Read 1020 times)

Offline esso_sa

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Sarajevo
Re: ABS modulator recall? 2020 XR
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 08:57:57 AM »
A Youtube vlogger made a video in which he described all the recalls for his 2020 S1000XR

He also posted a detailed list in his video description, here it is:

SERVICE ACTION:  ABS Modulator Mounting Bolt

SITUATION

During assembly, an additional mounting bolt was installed on the ABS pressure modulator instead of a plastic rivet. This changes the vibration behavior of the ABS modulator. When the motorcycle is frequently used at very high engine speeds, vibration damage to the components could occur.

CORRECTION

The additional bolt must be removed and a plastic fastener (rivet) must be installed in its place.
PROCEDURE
For vehicles that are affected, please replace the bolt by following repair instruction “00 60 369 – Screw connection ABS pressure modulator”, attached.

SERVICE ACTION: WIRING HARNESS ABRASION PROTECTION

SITUATION

The engine wiring harness may chafe on the honeycomb structure of the frame. In case of damage to the wiring harness, the wake-up line of the instrument cluster will be damaged. The instrument cluster will no longer be activated with "Ignition ON”.

CORRECTION

Inspect the wiring harness for damage and install wiring protection as detailed in the enclosed Repair Instruction "00 60 358 - Retrofitting abrasion protection for wiring harness".

ADVANCED INFORMATION: RECALL CAMPAIGN 20V-XXX CHECKING BRAKE CALIPERS

SERVICE ACTION:

A visual inspection of the front brake calipers must be performed to check for staining or isolated drops. If traces of brake fluid are found on the outer surfaces, the calipers must be replaced. Calipers must always be replaced in pairs.

Offline TBRD

• XR Junior
  • Town: Maryland
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 11:10:29 PM »
Wow...I am super excited that hopefully my vlog has helped someone out.  I haven't been on this forum much since buying my bike as I have been focusing on creating my YT channel.  I plan to get on here more to try to contribute.  Hopefully my vlog was helpful.  Cheers all!

*Originally Posted by esso_sa [+]
A Youtube vlogger made a video in which he described all the recalls for his 2020 S1000XR

He also posted a detailed list in his video description, here it is:

SERVICE ACTION:  ABS Modulator Mounting Bolt

SITUATION

During assembly, an additional mounting bolt was installed on the ABS pressure modulator instead of a plastic rivet. This changes the vibration behavior of the ABS modulator. When the motorcycle is frequently used at very high engine speeds, vibration damage to the components could occur.

CORRECTION

The additional bolt must be removed and a plastic fastener (rivet) must be installed in its place.
PROCEDURE
For vehicles that are affected, please replace the bolt by following repair instruction “00 60 369 – Screw connection ABS pressure modulator”, attached.

SERVICE ACTION: WIRING HARNESS ABRASION PROTECTION

SITUATION

The engine wiring harness may chafe on the honeycomb structure of the frame. In case of damage to the wiring harness, the wake-up line of the instrument cluster will be damaged. The instrument cluster will no longer be activated with "Ignition ON”.

CORRECTION

Inspect the wiring harness for damage and install wiring protection as detailed in the enclosed Repair Instruction "00 60 358 - Retrofitting abrasion protection for wiring harness".

ADVANCED INFORMATION: RECALL CAMPAIGN 20V-XXX CHECKING BRAKE CALIPERS

SERVICE ACTION:

A visual inspection of the front brake calipers must be performed to check for staining or isolated drops. If traces of brake fluid are found on the outer surfaces, the calipers must be replaced. Calipers must always be replaced in pairs.

Offline Mtbman24

• XR Member
  • Town: Burnaby, BC
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 11:18:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by TBRD [+]
Wow...I am super excited that hopefully my vlog has helped someone out.  I haven't been on this forum much since buying my bike as I have been focusing on creating my YT channel.  I plan to get on here more to try to contribute.  Hopefully my vlog was helpful.  Cheers all!

Your YT channel pretty much nailed it.  Watched many of your YT vids and enjoyed them!
| -------- _ o                /^\          /^\
| ------- _`\>,\            /    \  /^\   /    \
| ------- (*)/ (*)         /       V    V      \
I plan to live forever.  So far, so good!