Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Denali Sound Bomb Mini  (Read 2842 times)

Offline Molsal

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR-TE
  • Town: Flitcham
Denali Sound Bomb Mini
« on: October 18, 2020, 01:22:27 PM »
Whilst I was removing the Nav VI I fitted a Denali Soundbomb Mini ,very simple, fits perfectly to the existing bracket,I bought the BMW wiring adaptor which plugs into the existing horn socket.

Offline RyanGTXR

• XR Pro
  • Bike: KTM 1290 GT
  • Town: Notts
Re: Denali Sound Bomb Mini
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 04:29:56 PM »
Put one on mine a while back, WAY louder than the pathetic std horn. makes people jump  :005:  :001:

Offline bobdave

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S100XR
  • Town: Bournemouth
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 11:10:49 AM »
Just fitted one on mine today. Hardest part was undoing the stock horn connection - it was very tight and not much room to play with due to the cable tie that was nicely hidden until it was disconnected. Far better than the stock horn. Can't wait to get out and make a din with it !

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 01:22:47 PM »
Cheers boys you’ve cost me another 24 quid. :001:

Offline Andy W

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR TE
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 02:11:18 PM »
Reading this I've just gone and ordered one too....

It will be nice to have a motorbike horn that actually makes people take notice  :152:

Andy

Online Watshot

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR Sp SE
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 02:20:59 PM »
It’s weird. I tried two on mine and the canbus didn’t like it.

Worked fine on installation, but after one push when running it failed. If you cycled the ignition you would get one more push, then the same failure. Replacement was the same.

Sent them back and have to use the crappy BMW horn. Read similar from other users a while back... :027:

Online SimonUK

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 02:44:11 PM »
There is a wiring harness for the Denali Soundbomb that uses a relay wired to the battery, the horn uses enough amps to trigger the circuit breaker which resets when the ignition is cycled.

I have this harness available(though I fear shipping to the UK will be prohibitive) as I have subsequently installed a CanSmart.

Online Watshot

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR Sp SE
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 03:45:16 PM »
But it's weird how most bikes don't seem to be affected though. The guy at Nippy Normans said they'd sold hundreds without issue, just plug and play without additional hardware (other than the BMW style connector lead).

Offline RyanGTXR

• XR Pro
  • Bike: KTM 1290 GT
  • Town: Notts
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 04:43:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Watshot [+]
But it's weird how most bikes don't seem to be affected though. The guy at Nippy Normans said they'd sold hundreds without issue, just plug and play without additional hardware (other than the BMW style connector lead).

Did you buy the sound bomb? or sound bomb Mini? The mini is plug and play with no errors using their BMW wiring harness. I've heard of the Sound bomb causing errors

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 05:43:42 PM »
I ordered the mini, although the way payment and eBay are going anything is possible.... when I read the post thought...i’ve Other bikes it can go on after Ryan’s post might even be the X/R  :001:

dysfunctional