Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Denali Sound Bomb Mini  (Read 2785 times)

Offline RyanGTXR

• XR Pro
  • Bike: KTM 1290 GT
  • Town: Notts
Re: Denali Sound Bomb Mini
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2020, 07:48:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by Molsal [+]
If you think the BM offering is bad you should hear a modern Triumph unit, must be borderline illegal it's so ineffective.

I'll take your triumph and raise you a KTM 1290 GT . . . . . . . . .  it's quiet and BEHIND the radiator, under the big tank. Can barely hear it when stood next to the bike and engine isn't running.
Unfortunately the Mini doesn't work with KTM canbus system so will have to be the full fat soundbomb one day (it's a lot of work to get the bloody tank off)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2020, 07:51:11 PM »
Thanks for the heads up  :002:, just about to do to the GT what has taken 4 years on the X/R
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 07:52:07 PM by Winger »

Offline Colin

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Peterborough
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2020, 02:02:26 PM »
Just fitted the Bomb Mini, not sure about the labelling stating twice as loud but definitely a big improvement as a lot deeper so very happy with it. Managed to change without undoing anything else but a bit fiddly getting the new one on as twice as big and not a lot of room to fit the bracket bolt back on - just a tip - I put blue roll underneath where I was fitting the bracket bolt on as could just see it dropping down in the depths of the engine and never found again? 

Offline Warree

• XR Member
  • Town: Pembury
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2020, 07:21:58 PM »
I took standardized dB readings with the OEM (98.1dB) and then the just fitted sound bomb mini (101.4dB)
The increase of 3dB doubles the sound intensity and the sound is perceived to be about 23% louder.   :082:

Offline Molsal

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR-TE
  • Town: Flitcham
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2020, 12:23:34 AM »
In my opinion, it's a very cheap and worthwhile easy to do upgrade, there's not a huge difference between the sound bomb and the mini version, the former being much more complex and fiddly to wire and hide away, I went to the trouble and it failed aftera couple of months. Returned got a refund and went with the mini, this was on a Triumph Street, when I bought the Beemer I ordered the mini version before I took delivery of the bike in readiness.