Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pro-race exhaust? Advice please  (Read 435 times)

Offline charlieman1987

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2018 s1000xr hp
  • Town: Toronto
Pro-race exhaust? Advice please
« on: November 02, 2020, 07:56:24 PM »
Hi, did anyone try this Pro-Race gp exhaust? Well they are literally two straight pipes not really exhaust I guess.

Very cheap and made in UK? Should be very loud? It looks cheap because it’s very cheap... it doesn’t look bad too me.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Charlieman

https://www.ebay.com/c/9030370777

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Pro-race exhaust? Advice please
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 11:44:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by charlieman1987 [+]
Hi, did anyone try this Pro-Race gp exhaust? Well they are literally two straight pipes not really exhaust I guess.

Very cheap and made in UK? Should be very loud? It looks cheap because it’s very cheap... it doesn’t look bad too me.

Any input will be much appreciated. Regards, Charlieman https://www.ebay.com/c/9030370777

If it still has the stock headers, it won't make much difference at all....most of the "mufflering" is done in the cats. You can run them without a muffler at all and they're not much louder than stock.

Smithy.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline charlieman1987

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 10:56:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
If it still has the stock headers, it won't make much difference at all....most of the "mufflering" is done in the cats. You can run them without a muffler at all and they're not much louder than stock.

Smithy.

I agree, I don’t want super loud to annoy my senior neighbors at all. Just want a deeper sound than the stock. I guess my ears are spoiled by my speed triple‘s full arrow exhaust...

Offline Macduff

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR TE
  • Town: Nr Toon Town
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 11:28:21 AM »
Having heard a Cobra SP slip on can on a 2020XR which altered the sound o/p from muted mostly gearbox and engine noise to nicely fruity and slightly neighbour upsetting at start up while the exhaust valve is open I'd imagine they will make quite a change . Easy way to find out is take the stock can off and run it open, probably give a good indication of the changes? Without any can noise silencing the it could sound a little harse imo.

Offline charlieman1987

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 03:12:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Macduff [+]
Having heard a Cobra SP slip on can on a 2020XR which altered the sound o/p from muted mostly gearbox and engine noise to nicely fruity and slightly neighbour upsetting at start up while the exhaust valve is open I'd imagine they will make quite a change . Easy way to find out is take the stock can off and run it open, probably give a good indication of the changes? Without any can noise silencing the it could sound a little harse imo.

Thanks for the advice, will try that.