Theme Select



Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Pro-race exhaust? Advice please  (Read 1175 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline charlieman1987

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 21
  • Bike: 2018 s1000xr hp
  • Town: Toronto
  • Country: ca
Pro-race exhaust? Advice please
on: November 02, 2020, 07:56:24 PM
Hi, did anyone try this Pro-Race gp exhaust? Well they are literally two straight pipes not really exhaust I guess.

Very cheap and made in UK? Should be very loud? It looks cheap because it’s very cheap... it doesn’t look bad too me.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Charlieman

https://www.ebay.com/c/9030370777

#1

Offline smithy

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1694
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
  • Country: au
Re: Pro-race exhaust? Advice please
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 11:44:34 PM
*Originally Posted by charlieman1987 [+]
Hi, did anyone try this Pro-Race gp exhaust? Well they are literally two straight pipes not really exhaust I guess.

Very cheap and made in UK? Should be very loud? It looks cheap because it’s very cheap... it doesn’t look bad too me.

Any input will be much appreciated. Regards, Charlieman https://www.ebay.com/c/9030370777

If it still has the stock headers, it won't make much difference at all....most of the "mufflering" is done in the cats. You can run them without a muffler at all and they're not much louder than stock.

Smithy.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

#2

Offline charlieman1987

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 21
  • Bike: 2018 s1000xr hp
  • Town: Toronto
  • Country: ca
Re: Pro-race exhaust? Advice please
Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 10:56:23 AM
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
If it still has the stock headers, it won't make much difference at all....most of the "mufflering" is done in the cats. You can run them without a muffler at all and they're not much louder than stock.

Smithy.

I agree, I don’t want super loud to annoy my senior neighbors at all. Just want a deeper sound than the stock. I guess my ears are spoiled by my speed triple‘s full arrow exhaust...

#3

Offline Macduff

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Posts: 57
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR TE
  • Town: Nr Toon Town
  • Country: gb
Re: Pro-race exhaust? Advice please
Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 11:28:21 AM
Having heard a Cobra SP slip on can on a 2020XR which altered the sound o/p from muted mostly gearbox and engine noise to nicely fruity and slightly neighbour upsetting at start up while the exhaust valve is open I'd imagine they will make quite a change . Easy way to find out is take the stock can off and run it open, probably give a good indication of the changes? Without any can noise silencing the it could sound a little harse imo.

#4

Offline charlieman1987

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 21
  • Bike: 2018 s1000xr hp
  • Town: Toronto
  • Country: ca
Re: Pro-race exhaust? Advice please
Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 03:12:54 PM
*Originally Posted by Macduff [+]
Having heard a Cobra SP slip on can on a 2020XR which altered the sound o/p from muted mostly gearbox and engine noise to nicely fruity and slightly neighbour upsetting at start up while the exhaust valve is open I'd imagine they will make quite a change . Easy way to find out is take the stock can off and run it open, probably give a good indication of the changes? Without any can noise silencing the it could sound a little harse imo.

Thanks for the advice, will try that.

#5

Offline Mumbo Jumbo

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Posts: 16
  • Bike: Ducati Multistra
  • Town: County Durham
  • Country: gb
Re: Pro-race exhaust? Advice please
Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 04:12:59 PM
Did you buy one ? If so how’s it going ?

#6

Offline Gnscloz

  • XR Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Country: gb
Re: Pro-race exhaust? Advice please
Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 11:12:59 PM
Mates got one on a r believe me it makes it louder with popping etc

#7

Offline Stav

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Posts: 19
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR TE
  • Town: Cambridgeshire
  • Country: gb
Re: Pro-race exhaust? Advice please
Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 05:33:51 PM
I have one on my Gen2 XR, made a big difference in noise, even with the stock headers

#8

Offline Stevo1966

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Posts: 18
  • Town: Pershore
  • Country: gb
Re: Pro-race exhaust? Advice please
Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 09:24:55 AM
I've had them on my 2016, they look great. Standing still it doesn't seem too much louder but riding is different, as the outlet is right below you the noise is just too much on anything more than a quick blast. Also a big drop off in mpg, probably due to the proximity of the sensors to the outlet.