Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from Cambridgeshire  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Fordy99

• XR Member
  • Bike: Sport SE
  • Town: Cambs
Hi from Cambridgeshire
« on: April 03, 2016, 10:29:17 AM »
Picked up my new bike a week ago, done 400 miles so far. Loving it so far, but given that I have a S1000RR anyway, it isn't much of a change. It feels just like a S1000RR with high rise bars. :018:

Vibes are a bit of a pain from 4500-6200, but new bar ends will sort that.  It's typical of BMW to deny the problem, it is the same with their cars. I suspect they'll 'quietly' introduce a fix as part of their normal production working. If bikes work just like the cars they tend not to save up the fixes any more and just introduce them to the production lines as they become available. That makes it harder to get the fix retrofitted, but oh um...

Got a trip planned later this year to France, Switzerland and Italy, then back to France - about 2500 miles in total. Did something similar a few years back on a Triumph Tiger 800XC so looking forward to a comparison.

Anyway, if anyone fancies meeting up for ride out in sunny Cambs, drop me a PM.

Offline SiRich

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Halifax, W.Yorks
Re: Hi from Cambridgeshire
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 04:17:20 PM »
Hi Fordy, welcome aboard. :400:

My bike was built in early Feb and the vibes are virtually non existent, at around 5k there is a tiny bit.  This is different to the demo bike ride last year where they were horrid.

My dealer said new stock was slow coming through this February (ie held back) and when I asked was it to fix the vibes issue he held up crossed fingers.  So some dealers do acknowledge a bit of a problem.  My bike was already in stock.

Anyhoo, trip sounds awesome, try take in the Futa pass if you can.

:028:

Offline Slider

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Newbury
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 08:41:50 PM »
Hi, I picked my XR up on 5 Mar. It's in for its 600 mile service this friday 8 Apr. To be honest the vibes are really not an issue. I would say non existent to the extent that no different to any other bike I've ridden. Funnily enough I was down at Loomies cafe today and bumped into a guy riding a S1000R. He said he had test ridden a XR and wasn't happy about the vibes and decided to go for the S1000R. I asked if he had any vibes on the R and he said nothing. So, same engine and same tune as the XR I believe, what's the difference? Chassis, mounting, ????
{c/o Tommy Cooper} Local Police hunting the 'knitting needle nutter', who has stabbed six people in the rear in the last 48 hours, believe the attacker could be following some kind of pattern.

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Central
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 02:21:29 PM »
Welcome Fordy, enjoy the bike!

Slider I was at Loomies on Saturday - it was packed due to the funshine.  I was rueing the state of my rear tyre (discovered it was down to the canvass after a spirited ride with my mate).  So I limped to Micheldever Tyres who were able to sort me out there and then.  See you around !
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline Fordy99

• XR Member
  • Bike: Sport SE
  • Town: Cambs
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 07:17:27 PM »
Just added HVMP bar ends and although the vibes are still there, they are a lot less prominent. Hopefully it'll get even better after 1st service.

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 08:09:04 PM »
 :400:

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

dysfunctional