Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: R&G Racing Sidestand Extension For 2020XR  (Read 2668 times)

Offline herveyw

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Seattle
Re: R&G Racing Sidestand Extension For 2020XR
Reply #20 on: December 17, 2020, 02:37:43 AM
*Originally Posted by Molsal [+]
I believe that the lowered bike has a shorter stand fitted to maintain the ridiculous lean angle.

Yep. Feck.

Offline Colin

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Peterborough
Reply #21 on: December 19, 2020, 01:14:03 PM
*Originally Posted by Molsal [+]
It's for both, i intend to add a block of something to the base of the stand extension which, is perfectly smooth and flat, so easy to bond something to it.

I've just fitted a SW-Motech side stand extension and added a 7mm aluminium block to the bottom which I shaped /drilled - happy with the lean angle but you could still go bigger with the block but i didnt want it to look too clumpy so was a compromise.

Offline herveyw

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Seattle
Reply #22 on: December 19, 2020, 05:42:32 PM
*Originally Posted by Colin [+]
I've just fitted a SW-Motech side stand extension and added a 7mm aluminium block to the bottom which I shaped /drilled - happy with the lean angle but you could still go bigger with the block but i didnt want it to look too clumpy so was a compromise.

Nice job Colin, looks like a good compromise between lean angle and aesthetics!

Offline Molsal

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000XR-TE
  • Town: Flitcham
Reply #23 on: December 20, 2020, 12:28:30 AM
Lovely job there. I would be delighted with the outcome. I have yet to construct mine, I don't have a suitable lump of Ali, I may use a cut down knee slider perhaps? Any thoughts?

Offline Colin

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Peterborough
Reply #24 on: December 20, 2020, 07:24:34 AM
I was pondering on what material to use, was considering a hard plastic or aluminium and couldn’t really find anything from the DIY stores so went to a local steel merchant where they had off cuts of stainless or aluminium, ruled out stainless straight away as way too hard to shape/drill so went with the ali. Didn’t fancy relying on bonding it on the the Motech plate so drilled/tapped it and used longer screws after drilling out the Motech plate threads to ensure the ali plate pulled up tight, also added a bit of bonding for good measure.

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Reply #25 on: December 20, 2020, 07:49:56 PM
*Originally Posted by Colin [+]
I was pondering on what material to use, was considering a hard plastic or aluminium and couldn’t really find anything from the DIY stores so went to a local steel merchant where they had off cuts of stainless or aluminium, ruled out stainless straight away as way too hard to shape/drill so went with the ali. Didn’t fancy relying on bonding it on the the Motech plate so drilled/tapped it and used longer screws after drilling out the Motech plate threads to ensure the ali plate pulled up tight, also added a bit of bonding for good measure.

Nice work Sir... :028:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Bayman

• XR Member
  • Bike: XR
Reply #26 on: January 14, 2021, 09:46:37 PM
I have just ordered the Cymarc side stand extension for my Gen 2, had the original on my Gen 1 XR.  I highly recommend it, easily adjusted for more/less hieght.

Offline rs87

• XR Member
  • Bike: '19 Triple Black
Reply #27 on: January 15, 2021, 09:19:22 PM
The only one that I am aware of that actually extends the length of the sidestand is the Cymark part.

It has both its proponents and detractors on this forum.

Cymark recently brought out a version for the 2020 XR, which you can click through to above.

It's not cheap at £55 including VAT.

Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 09:22:48 PM by rs87

Offline rs87

• XR Member
  • Bike: '19 Triple Black
Reply #28 on: January 15, 2021, 09:27:15 PM
*Originally Posted by PhilMill [+]
Thats a bloody good idea!!

Let me know the result. I also have the lowered bike and if the length of the standard side stand is right, this would be a nice option

dysfunctional