Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brembro RCS19 Master Cylinder  (Read 1579 times)

Offline AdzventureXR

• XR Member
  • XR my Vanagandr
  • Bike: 2016 XR
  • Town: Incheon City
Brembro RCS19 Master Cylinder
« on: November 20, 2020, 08:10:03 AM »
Has anyone done this upgrade, any feedback on performance? Have a line guy selling on MC and reservoir.

Looks like some small modifications to remove hand guards.

Running stock calipers
Life. RIDE. Adzventure
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckI3qetJ9IbhcxF-ozgreA
Enjoy my XR videos

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Brembro RCS19 Master Cylinder
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 09:31:05 AM »
Put an Accossato radial on my SuperMoto years back which I still have, but never seen the logic of doing the same on modern stuff that have ABS because it’s always going to try and defeat any benefit of a radial master cylinder, but hey give it a go and let us know.

Offline CNC-REPAIRS

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Kidderminster
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 11:00:42 AM »
I fitted one to my track fire blade which had a Nissin radial as standard. The brakes were absolutely transformed. Although I’ve never felt the need for one on the XR

Offline AdzventureXR

• XR Member
  • XR my Vanagandr
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 11:05:44 AM »
*Originally Posted by CNC-REPAIRS [+]
I fitted one to my track fire blade which had a Nissin radial as standard. The brakes were absolutely transformed. Although I’ve never felt the need for one on the XR
I am a bigger guy so few more kg to slow down. Stock brakes are good but could be sharper for me.
Life. RIDE. Adzventure
Enjoy my XR videos

Online SimonUK

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 12:52:22 PM »
I put a RCS 19 on my R and it definitely improved the 'feel' of the brakes, and maybe made them a little 'sharper', though I think if want to make a big difference to the 'sharpness' maybe a change of pads would give better results.

The mc I had on my R is now on my XR(along with a pair of R/RR calipers), and has given a similar improvement in feel, I have however ordered a RCS so that my brake setup is the same on both bikes. I also have some Brembo M4 calipers to fit.

Just a point of note, the RCS19 is optimal for M4 calipers with 34mm pistons(the R/RR calipers have 34mm pistons), the RCS17 is optimal for M50 calipers with 30mm pistons. The stock XR calipers(15-19) have 32mm pistons, so the RCS 17 may feel 'soft' and the RCS19 may feel 'wooden'.

I guess maybe using a RCS19 will give you more 'sharpness' but at the expense of 'feel'.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 01:29:10 PM »
Gents

What you are talking about is a contradiction in terms, a radial is a race unit, race bikes do not have ABS add the two together they’ll just end up fighting each other because it’s all about pressure, if callipers and pads are the route again a great solution, I run Beringer calipers and real full floating discs(you can hear rattling 5 miles away) and PFM 6 pot calipers and discs on another they work because there’s no ABS to interfere.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 01:59:00 PM »
As an option...which was one of mine till my mates little boy sold his pad in California and I could avoid import duties...which would be a great story to tell but not for these pages...

braketech.com

And look at Axis Iron Rotors

Offline CNC-REPAIRS

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Kidderminster
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 08:40:55 PM »
I have a changed the fluid on mine to motul racing and EBC HH. For me the feel and power on the road are fantastic ABS  is the limit (even in dynamic pro) in my opinion but I can’t fault the brakes and for normal road riding would not be without ABS. Donington park in the rain the abs came into it own😂

Offline AdzventureXR

• XR Member
  • XR my Vanagandr
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 10:06:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by SimonUK [+]
I put a RCS 19 on my R and it definitely improved the 'feel' of the brakes, and maybe made them a little 'sharper', though I think if want to make a big difference to the 'sharpness' maybe a change of pads would give better results.

The mc I had on my R is now on my XR(along with a pair of R/RR calipers), and has given a similar improvement in feel, I have however ordered a RCS so that my brake setup is the same on both bikes. I also have some Brembo M4 calipers to fit.

Just a point of note, the RCS19 is optimal for M4 calipers with 34mm pistons(the R/RR calipers have 34mm pistons), the RCS17 is optimal for M50 calipers with 30mm pistons. The stock XR calipers(15-19) have 32mm pistons, so the RCS 17 may feel 'soft' and the RCS19 may feel 'wooden'.

I guess maybe using a RCS19 will give you more 'sharpness' but at the expense of 'feel'.

Good points, as the Corsa Corta are adjustable may be able to back off slightly. I'll keep eyes out for some R/RR calipers. The combo would probably be best move.
Life. RIDE. Adzventure
Enjoy my XR videos

Offline AdzventureXR

• XR Member
  • XR my Vanagandr
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 04:52:16 AM »
Well, i went for it. Hope can find some time for installation.
Life. RIDE. Adzventure
Enjoy my XR videos

dysfunctional