Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Brembro RCS19 Master Cylinder  (Read 2822 times)

Offline AdzventureXR

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2016 XR
  • Town: Incheon City
Re: Brembro RCS19 Master Cylinder
Reply #10 on: January 23, 2021, 12:45:05 PM
I finally got some decent winter weather to try out the Rsc19 MC. I can definitely feel improved initial hit of brakes.

ABS enabled you can feel the system max out under heavy brakes. After initial harder hit the improvement is good but not massive.  The lever feels good and give you good feedback.

With ABS disabled this makes big difference IMO over stock MC. You can really feel rotors working and can hear it. Sounds actually changed with more bite. I think now full floaters would be helpful. (hoping for forged or carbon wheels next year) I couldn't really push harder due to weather still a little cool.

Overall I think for aggressive street riding it may not be worth the price riding with ABS enabled. Track with ABS off will make them worth the price.

For installation i had helibars already ordered as i wanted to have adjustable bars to match my tall size. I moved position inward around 25mm per side and up. Luckily the stock cable was able to make it. In down position or stock bars the cable would be way to short.

Life. RIDE. Adzventure
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckI3qetJ9IbhcxF-ozgreA
Enjoy my XR videos

Offline the bartender

• XR Member
  • Town: Vancouver
Reply #11 on: January 26, 2021, 04:15:29 PM
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Gents

What you are talking about is a contradiction in terms, a radial is a race unit, race bikes do not have ABS add the two together they’ll just end up fighting each other because it’s all about pressure, if callipers and pads are the route again a great solution, I run Beringer calipers and real full floating discs(you can hear rattling 5 miles away) and PFM 6 pot calipers and discs on another they work because there’s no ABS to interfere.

lol. no.

A radial unit is simply allowing for linear lever pull to match linear pressure gain on the calipers. It doesnt necessarily mean more power, less power, softer pull, or anything else. And, it most certainly has absolutely nothing to do with being 'race'.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 05:42:04 PM
Hoping for a career in politics are we  :001:

The post before sums the job up, unless you ditch the ABS you are never going to see the benefit of a radial master cylinder, because the ABS is running the show.

Offline the bartender

• XR Member
  • Town: Vancouver
Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 08:30:09 PM
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Hoping for a career in politics are we  :001:

The post before sums the job up, unless you ditch the ABS you are never going to see the benefit of a radial master cylinder, because the ABS is running the show.

Clearly you have been misled on the benefit of a radial master cylinder. Its not power, it feel and progressivity.

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
Reply #14 on: January 27, 2021, 10:07:02 AM
Loads of bikes with ABS run a radial MC as standard. The S1000rr, Daytona 675R, Aprilia RSV4 and my Triumph 765RS  to name but a few.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Reply #15 on: January 27, 2021, 02:38:16 PM
As I said in my other post stick one on and let us know but I'm not convinced... great PR for manufacturers... but in reality..., and I'm saying that with two bikes that I run with Radial front levers and no ABS.