Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pre 2020 XR suspension setting  (Read 586 times)

Offline tor

• XR Pro
  • Norwegian Viking
  • Bike: 18 XR / 15 GSA
  • Town: Pee Dee of SC
Pre 2020 XR suspension setting
« on: November 22, 2020, 03:10:22 PM »
Quick question regarding the pre 2020 XR for the masses. I have been experimenting between "rider", "rider and luggage", and "rider and passenger" supension setups, (all in dynamic). It feels like the bike (and I) feel best in  "rider and luggage" mode. It just feels more precise, particularly in corner turn-ins.

Anyone else have the same oppinion?

Offline bobdave

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S100XR
  • Town: Bournemouth
Re: Pre 2020 XR suspension setting
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 04:36:43 PM »
Tor, I would agree with you. I am only a light weight (about 11 of our UK stones plus riding gear). I wondered if the weight they use within the active suspension coding is a bit higher and therefore by using 'rider and luggage' it acts the same as a heavier rider in 'rider' mode.

Offline tor

• XR Pro
  • Norwegian Viking
  • Bike: 18 XR / 15 GSA
  • Town: Pee Dee of SC
Re: Pre 2020 XR suspension setting
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 05:56:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by bobdave [+]
Tor, I would agree with you. I am only a light weight (about 11 of our UK stones plus riding gear). I wondered if the weight they use within the active suspension coding is a bit higher and therefore by using 'rider and luggage' it acts the same as a heavier rider in 'rider' mode.

185 pounds here. To me, it just feels a little.....a$$ heavy when set up with "rider only"...

dysfunctional