Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Power Commander (again.)  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Power Commander (again.)
Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 09:41:42 PM
While you are at it, i’d Think about the headers their are a couple options, if you take the originals off they are truly massed produced tat.

Offline PhilMill

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '17 S1000XR
  • Town: Mid Wales.
Reply #11 on: November 29, 2020, 10:29:54 AM
My concerns about changing the headers is noise, everything I read seems to say its very loud after.
Too many bikes, not enough time.....

Offline Winger

• XR God
Reply #12 on: November 29, 2020, 10:45:30 AM
Blimey that’s a new one on me...,I went MIVV end can to start with, then the PC, and later on the headers, the only thing I noticed with the headers was the pick up off the throttle, in fairness I should have put the headers on first and then taken it to the dyno...but I was in tight mode and was waiting for a secondhand pair on eBay to turn up  :034: which came later.

But for the others reading this, there’s another bike to had inside the X/R for less than a £ grand,I went Akra but the Blackwidow exhaust look just as good and cheaper.

Offline Colin

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Peterborough
Reply #13 on: November 30, 2020, 05:02:17 PM
I’ve put new Black Widow headers on last week and already had the Black Widow end can. With this set up it is definitely quite a bit noisier, I refitted the baffler in the end can which has only made a slight difference but I absolutely love the new sound and would have probably changed the headers just for that reason. I’m hanging it out until the New Year to sort the fuelling out, if BSD (my local tuner) can access the ECU early in the year like that have said then that is my first option but if this isn’t poss’ by early March will probably do the Power Commander.

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Reply #14 on: November 30, 2020, 07:39:03 PM
*Originally Posted by Colin [+]
I’ve put new Black Widow headers on last week and already had the Black Widow end can. With this set up it is definitely quite a bit noisier, I refitted the baffler in the end can which has only made a slight difference but I absolutely love the new sound and would have probably changed the headers just for that reason. I’m hanging it out until the New Year to sort the fuelling out, if BSD (my local tuner) can access the ECU early in the year like that have said then that is my first option but if this isn’t poss’ by early March will probably do the Power Commander.

Have you considered the Brentune remap...or the RBE..??

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Colin

• XR Member
Reply #15 on: November 30, 2020, 08:05:39 PM
Was looking at RBE or PC5 if that’s the way I’m going to go and to be honest I’ve only learnt all this from following the Relevant topics on this forum and speaking with BDS tuners, will take a look at Brentuning  :028:

Offline Winger

• XR God
Reply #16 on: November 30, 2020, 08:45:24 PM
Regardless of which one you go for, and in fairness just about any bike, manufacturers have to submit their bikes to the TUV emissions test, but can you imagine sitting a test when you already know the question and also have the answer.....the emission test is done at 4250 so manufacturers make sure there’s less fuel going in at those revs.....

Hence what ever solution you go for blows fuel in at the said 4250, hence the pick up you feel, to be honest it’s a very silly game but those are the rules and the fuelling devices are how you get around it, but warned once you have trodden this path...the stock fuelling out the show will never be good enough, i’m Currently treading the same path with my KTMGT, but with the current situation in the world hardly any rush despite having all the bells and whistles in a box to fit.

Offline Colin

• XR Member
Reply #17 on: November 30, 2020, 08:59:38 PM
Now I’ve sorted the hard part ie changing the headers I’m so looking forward to getting the fuelling sorted to get the bike at its max potential, I absolutely love the bike, traded my Kawasaki GTR 1400 in for a new XR end of last year and my wife now thinks there’s 3 of us in this relationship  :008:

Offline Warree

• XR Pro
  • Town: Pembury
Reply #18 on: November 30, 2020, 08:59:50 PM
They are probably all good but a  :152: from me for Rapid Bike and their phone support

Offline Winger

• XR God
Reply #19 on: November 30, 2020, 09:37:31 PM
There is a thread on here about fitting the headers,it proved priceless to me, most important you need a 12 sided socket for the header nuts, and you’ll be wishing there were 3 in the relationship just for the extra pair of hands  :001: