Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Who went to Hilltop this week?  (Read 5213 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline RichS1000XR

  • XR Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 686
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
Who went to Hilltop this week?
« on: April 05, 2016, 07:45:23 PM »
I read on one of the many forums that someone with an XR was paying Geoff a visit this week! Was it someone here, as I can't find the posts?

I'm keen to hear how it went. And please don't turn this into a Hilltop is sh#t thread, as that's already been done to death. :192:

Offline Redrick

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 346
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
Re: Who went to Hilltop this week?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 07:24:43 AM »
Engineer has bought one and decided it needed some magic breathing into it  :001:
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline RichS1000XR

  • XR Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 686
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
Re: Who went to Hilltop this week?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 07:37:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by Redrick [+]
Engineer has bought one and decided it needed some magic breathing into it  :001:

Hell will freeze over first! :008:

Offline Binky

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Posts: 63
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Farnham
Re: Who went to Hilltop this week?
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 07:40:48 AM »
Can of worms, Rich, Can of worms, I tells yer! Mark Hooton on UKGSER I think.
S1000XR - 2016
R1200RTLE - 2015

Offline RichS1000XR

  • XR Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 686
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
Re: Who went to Hilltop this week?
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 04:36:00 PM »
Just booked mine in. Let's see what he can do. :047:

Offline Binky

  • XR Member
  • **
  • Posts: 63
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Farnham
Re: Who went to Hilltop this week?
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 08:37:29 PM »
Let us know how you get along, Rich
S1000XR - 2016
R1200RTLE - 2015

Offline RichS1000XR

  • XR Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 686
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
Re: Who went to Hilltop this week?
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 09:38:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Binky [+]
Let us know how you get along, Rich

Will do mate. :028:

Offline Winger

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1676
  • Country: gb
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Who went to Hilltop this week?
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 08:29:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by RichS1000XR [+]
I read on one of the many forums that someone with an XR was paying Geoff a visit this week! Was it someone here, as I can't find the posts?

I'm keen to hear how it went. And please don't turn this into a Hilltop is sh#t thread, as that's already been done to death. :192:

Dude come back with some facts,not my backside dyno says it's all right!!,I wouldn't let that bloke blow my tyres up what worries me some folk might take notice of you when their isn't anyone in the world currently offers an ECU re-map for an XR never mind some bloke in the corner of a secondhand car lot who reckons he can.

Offline RichS1000XR

  • XR Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 686
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
Re: Who went to Hilltop this week?
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 09:33:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Dude come back with some facts,not my backside dyno says it's all right!!,I wouldn't let that bloke blow my tyres up what worries me some folk might take notice of you when their isn't anyone in the world currently offers an ECU re-map for an XR never mind some bloke in the corner of a secondhand car lot who reckons he can.

Read my OP. I don't need yours or anyone else's opinion on whether you think it works or not. He's done a few of my bikes, and A LOT of friends bikes, and not one of us has had a single issue.

He also works with several race teams, and has also done work directly for BMW.

He updated the ECU's on the original GS LC press bikes in 2013, as BMW wanted them fuelled properly, so even they know that their bikes aren't running as well as they could do. And I was told this by a friend that is high up at BMW motorrad, not Geoff from Hilltop.

You don't think it works. That's fine. I was the same until I experienced the product first hand.

Offline Winger

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1676
  • Country: gb
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Who went to Hilltop this week?
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 06:08:58 AM »
Read my post,Come back with facts no one ever does,for anyone else talk to Brewin at BSD he won't BS you.

Oh and if anyone takes their boxer there with Lennies Sprockets he'll refuse to do What you call laughingly call remap your ECU so what does that tell you,for heaven sake give it some thought!!!.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 06:13:14 AM by Winger »