Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Insurance - Multibike vs separate policies?  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Insurance - Multibike vs separate policies?
Reply #10 on: December 20, 2020, 02:42:13 PM
I’ve been where Wessie and PhillMill are, had a spell with NU, but currently with CN, bought the X/R in 17 and CN would not put it on the Rider Policy and I had to take out another policy, when I bought the KTM they said they would put that on the Rider Policy with 5 others providing I bought a classic bike..... so I bought a BSA bantam that resides in the garden shed, so now I have RP with 6 bikes and the X/R on it Jack Jones.

Offline wilbert

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Lancashire
Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 03:34:54 PM
I've had both separate and multi bike policies over the years and for me it's better to have separate policies as I only have 2 bikes. There was no difference in price between having both bikes on a multi bike policy and having 2 separate ones. Currently it costs me £16o to insure my XR on a fully comp policy and £74 to insure my KTM XC350f third party fire and theft with 5 and 4 years NCB on the mentioned policies. If / when I buy more bikes it may make sense to have a multi bike policy again but for now I'm happy to be building up NCB on both.

Offline orbits

• XR Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Cotswolds
Reply #12 on: January 15, 2021, 04:28:48 PM
In the end I went Multi-bike as it was almost £100 cheaper, though granted some of this cost was because I wanted Recovery on both bikes and with Multi-bike I only had to pay for that once to cover both.

I was without Recovery for something like 17 years and never needed it once. Then I bought the XR which has done two stints on the back of a lorry already with punctures :( Meanwhile the VFR is nearly as old as the internet itself, with Hondas (in)famous RegRec gremlins, so I feel a little more comfy with recovery on speed dial for both now.
Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 04:29:36 PM by orbits

dysfunctional