Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Power commander/Rapid bike availability for 2020 XR  (Read 1298 times)

Offline jackg

• XR Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Liphook
Power commander/Rapid bike availability for 2020 XR
on: January 06, 2021, 04:41:33 PM
Anyone know when this is likely to come out or have any other ideas on mapping a 2020 with Aktar headers and std end can?
Ta
Jx

Offline MattR

• Forum Help & Support
  • XR Pro
Re: Power commander/Rapid bike availability for 2020 XR
Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 07:07:55 PM
Regarding Rapid Bike then I would expect it to appear at some point but surely only Dimsport (as developers) in Italy would know that. Maybe drop them an email ?

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 07:34:07 PM
Brentune is an option..!! Heard nothing but good reviews about it for the Gen-1. They do a Gen-2 flash.

https://brentuningmoto.com/motorcycle/bmw-s1000xr-20/

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 09:17:11 AM
As I put in another recent post the guy you need to talk to is Richard at Dynojet UK, because he’s the Organ grinder not the monkey  :002:, he’ll tell exactly what the time frame is, or any other tech questions you have.

Offline Colin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Peterborough
Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 04:04:16 PM
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
As I put in another recent post the guy you need to talk to is Richard at Dynojet UK, because he’s the Organ grinder not the monkey  :002:, he’ll tell exactly what the time frame is, or any other tech questions you have.
I could be wrong but I wouldn't hold my breath for a PCV for Gen 2 in the near future, they don't do one for a Gen 1 2019 as cant get around the fault code that shows up on the dash when the O2 sensors are disconnected due to EU reg's making the ECU even harder to get around for 2019. Agree that Richard from Dynojet is really helpful and has helped me find out exactly what bike's my second hand PCV that I acquired recently fit. It was advertised as fitting the R, RR & XR up to 2019 (inadvertently by the seller I must add) but apparently it is suitable for only the R & RR and even then not all years, it's now on Ebay.

Offline Winger

• XR God
Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 04:25:46 PM
Looking like it’s the Brentuning route then  :002:

Offline Colin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Peterborough
Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 04:36:50 PM
Definitely a consideration, I do like the fact it can just be plugged in to remap and the user has control if the dealer re-flashes it back to factory settings  :138:

Offline Winger

• XR God
Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 05:37:01 PM
Threads like this normally go’ how much power’ blah blah, but for me it’s the bottom end fuelling, there’s a post on here from years back when I explain about getting stuck behind a tractor in France on the way to Le-Mans, now when comes to speeding i’ve been Nicked just about everywhere for everything and even now have 6 points from one outing, sorry i’m digressing....but when it comes to solid whites I won’t cross one if my life depended on it... and hence followed that bloody tractor for miles, god knows how many times I changed from 3rd to 4th and back and it wasn’t happy in either.

So after my long winded waffle the bike is now like a twist-go-scooter, 25mph in top gear two up and will pull like a good’un without the slightest glitch, try it on a stocker then you realise how much can be done with these bikes.

Offline Gaz3014

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR TE M Spo
  • Town: Northants
Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 11:54:27 AM
Gents; might be an obvious question, but is this done by yourself or is there someone in the UK that does it for you?  Slightly out of my comfort zone if I'm honest!
 :087:
CARPE DIEM

Offline Winger

• XR God
Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 12:23:25 PM
*Originally Posted by Gaz3014 [+]
Gents; might be an obvious question, but is this done by yourself or is there someone in the UK that does it for you?  Slightly out of my comfort zone if I'm honest!
 :087:

Fair play to you for being honest, I don’t build engines or shim motors but anything else grit my teeth  :002:, the best info i’ve Gotten off this forum is the 12 sided socket that is needed for the header nuts when changing to Akra’s.

If you are talking about fitting a PC or the headers for that matter, all tuning shops will do both no problem the problem being the extra cost on top of a dyno run, looking at where you live, I use Road and Race at Meriden but in my MCN days would use BSD a Peterborough both really good to deal with.

Think the biggest decision is ‘Are you in it for the long haul’ cuz if you ain’t and on the new bike tread mill every 5 minutes......

dysfunctional