Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Power commander/Rapid bike availability for 2020 XR  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Gaz3014

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR TE M Spo
  • Town: Northants
Re: Power commander/Rapid bike availability for 2020 XR
Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 12:56:20 PM
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Fair play to you for being honest, I don’t build engines or shim motors but anything else grit my teeth  :002:, the best info i’ve Gotten off this forum is the 12 sided socket that is needed for the header nuts when changing to Akra’s.

If you are talking about fitting a PC or the headers for that matter, all tuning shops will do both no problem the problem being the extra cost on top of a dyno run, looking at where you live, I use Road and Race at Meriden but in my MCN days would use BSD a Peterborough both really good to deal with.

Think the biggest decision is ‘Are you in it for the long haul’ cuz if you ain’t and on the new bike tread mill every 5 minutes......

Nice one.....I will be getting the headers fitted by my dealer....will look at your 2 recommendations for the tuning/reflash!!
CARPE DIEM

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 04:37:48 PM
You’ve lost me on the dealer doing the headers..

Offline Gaz3014

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR TE M Spo
  • Town: Northants
Reply #12 on: January 08, 2021, 05:33:03 PM
Sorry buddy....I was initialling about the ECU tuning/flash to compliment the Akra headers my dealer is fitting for me.....want the fuelling sorted! 😉
CARPE DIEM

Offline Winger

• XR God
Reply #13 on: January 08, 2021, 05:51:02 PM
I’d be taking a box of bits to either of the places I mentioned along with the bike and collect it ready to go.

Offline jakebake

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: warwick
Reply #14 on: April 09, 2021, 07:16:03 PM
*Originally Posted by Gaz3014 [+]
Sorry buddy....I was initialling about the ECU tuning/flash to compliment the Akra headers my dealer is fitting for me.....want the fuelling sorted! 😉

Gaz

how did you get on with the headers and fueling in the end ? I am 99% going to buy a gen 2 soon, but just need some reassurance that if i then spend money on akra headers  that it will improve the low end torque to match the gen 1 ?? or does it need a stage 1 bren tune (or similar) as well as akra headers ?

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Reply #15 on: April 09, 2021, 09:53:54 PM
*Originally Posted by jakebake [+]
Gaz

how did you get on with the headers and fueling in the end ? I am 99% going to buy a gen 2 soon, but just need some reassurance that if i then spend money on akra headers  that it will improve the low end torque to match the gen 1 ?? or does it need a stage 1 bren tune (or similar) as well as akra headers ?

Being a Gen-2 and Euro-5, fitting headers will make the lean conditions at small throttle settings even worse...a tune will probably be essential to clean it up. It helped dramatically on the Euro-4's.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline jackg

• XR Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Liphook
Reply #16 on: April 09, 2021, 10:29:00 PM
I’ve put Akro headers on my 2020 XR but left the end can. It’s NAFFING loud! Fuels well though.
Does the Akro end can have a removable baffle which will tame it a bit?
Jx

Offline the bartender

• XR Member
  • Town: Vancouver
Reply #17 on: April 10, 2021, 12:17:08 AM
*Originally Posted by smithy [+]
Being a Gen-2 and Euro-5, fitting headers will make the lean conditions at small throttle settings even worse...a tune will probably be essential to clean it up. It helped dramatically on the Euro-4's.

Smithy.

That's hard to say, on a wideband bike like the gen 2, it may be fine.

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Reply #18 on: April 10, 2021, 05:29:44 AM
*Originally Posted by the bartender [+]
That's hard to say, on a wideband bike like the gen 2, it may be fine.

If the ECU has enough scope/internal adjustment...l'd agree with you.

I don't know if it has TBH.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Winger

• XR God
Reply #19 on: April 10, 2021, 06:42:35 AM
Understand what constraints manufacturers have to put into their fuel mapping to get bikes through the TUV, doesn’t take much working out what a free hand a PC gives to tuners, or in laymen’s terms...you want to cut emissions stop fuel going into the motor where the TUV do the testing, and a PC gives a free hand to rectify that.