Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Bar Risers  (Read 564 times)

Offline Crawfordjohn

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000 XR SE
  • Town: Bathgate
Bar Risers
on: January 10, 2021, 02:37:49 PM
 Hi Guys, Anybody fitted a set of the many Chinese bar risers on sale on Ebay and  Amazon etc?. Are they a good fit?, do you need the clutch cable extended and is there a customs charge?. If they are good why are the British and German risers so expensive?. Just wondering.
Bathgate no more!

Online SimonUK

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
Re: Bar Risers
Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 03:52:34 PM
Just an fyi, and this is not to bash Chinese goods and not Riser related, but...

I have a set of Lightec Chain Adjusters on my S1000R, they work really well and look great to boot! fast forward to my purchase of the XR. I also want to fit better chain adjusters, the Lightecs are not listed for the XR, but I could see that they could easily be made to work with minor 'adjustments'. I purchased a set of Chinese Lightecs, they look exactly the same as the originals and they do work, but the quality and fit is exponentially poorer than the originals.
Again, they do work, but the play and increased tolerances are significant. I ended up buying another set of original Lightecs to fit to my XR.

Offline Warree

• XR Pro
  • Town: Pembury
Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 06:25:00 PM
I fitted some from eBay. They fit fine. The cable was a little tight so I extended the first clamp which made the cable ok for a short trial period. The risers (up and back) didn't really work for me so I removed them. Now I have a much better and expensive option: Helibars
Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 06:28:33 PM by Warree

Offline Warree

• XR Pro
  • Town: Pembury
Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 06:30:00 PM
*Originally Posted by SimonUK [+]
I have a set of Lightec Chain Adjusters on my S1000R, they work really well and look great to boot! fast forward to my purchase of the XR. I also want to fit better chain adjusters, the Lightecs are not listed for the XR, but I could see that they could easily be made to work with minor 'adjustments'. I purchased a set of Chinese Lightecs, they look exactly the same as the originals and they do work, but the quality and fit is exponentially poorer than the originals.
Again, they do work, but the play and increased tolerances are significant. I ended up buying another set of original Lightecs to fit to my XR.
Anyone tried these: Gilles AXB Chain Adjuster -BMW S1000RR / R / XR
Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 06:31:59 PM by Warree

Offline Crawfordjohn

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000 XR SE
  • Town: Bathgate
Chain Adjusters
Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 07:22:27 PM
Just spotted some used ones for sale on Ebay.
Bathgate no more!

dysfunctional