Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Opinions on 2020 XR vs other options.  (Read 3002 times)

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: Opinions on 2020 XR vs other options.
Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 07:49:47 PM
*Originally Posted by SimonUK [+]
Details are in the OP's intro

Quite right you are Sir.....off to Specsavers for me..!  :192:  :015:  :034:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline seezur

• XR Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #11 on: January 21, 2021, 07:17:45 AM
Well looks like I have dibs on a 2021 M sport low with a deposit. It turns out the bike was not listed on the dealers website because they are still awaiting its arrival and they don’t know when that is since it still needs to have the caliper recall dealt with.

Two further questions:

1. Does anyone even have a rough idea of the caliper fix? They think the bike will come in in a month or so but as long as it’s here by April I would be happy.

2. I know some people are secretive about this but what deals have people been getting in the states? I’ve gotta call some more dealers but this one is asking for msrp with 15% off on accessories, which is  lackluster. I’m expecting 20% plus some off the msrp (will probably sell old bike privately).

Offline herveyw

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Seattle
Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 05:36:39 PM
*Originally Posted by seezur [+]
Well looks like I have dibs on a 2021 M sport low with a deposit. It turns out the bike was not listed on the dealers website because they are still awaiting its arrival and they don’t know when that is since it still needs to have the caliper recall dealt with.

Two further questions:

1. Does anyone even have a rough idea of the caliper fix? They think the bike will come in in a month or so but as long as it’s here by April I would be happy.

2. I know some people are secretive about this but what deals have people been getting in the states? I’ve gotta call some more dealers but this one is asking for msrp with 15% off on accessories, which is  lackluster. I’m expecting 20% plus some off the msrp (will probably sell old bike privately).

#1: The fix replaces the calipers, US bikes are being held after import for a mass fix. Timeline for parts is not known, but dealers seem to be saying "about a month".

#2: Good luck, hope you pull it off. I got a reasonable deal on a demo bike but it wasn't 20%, there is no "pandemic discount" that I can see, bike sales were apparently great last year. There are no 2021 bikes to be had, and there is definitely a queue now for some BMW models.

Offline seezur

• XR Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #13 on: January 21, 2021, 06:00:35 PM
*Originally Posted by herveyw [+]
#1: The fix replaces the calipers, US bikes are being held after import for a mass fix. Timeline for parts is not known, but dealers seem to be saying "about a month".

#2: Good luck, hope you pull it off. I got a reasonable deal on a demo bike but it wasn't 20%, there is no "pandemic discount" that I can see, bike sales were apparently great last year. There are no 2021 bikes to be had, and there is definitely a queue now for some BMW models.

Oh I mean 20% off accessories like bags etc. not 20% off the bike. 20% off accessories seems pretty standard for dealers trying to make a sale. I’m trying to get a little more off msrp and was wondering what people are getting here.

Offline herveyw

• XR Member
Reply #14 on: January 21, 2021, 07:43:22 PM
Oh I mean 20% off accessories like bags etc. not 20% off the bike. 20% off accessories seems pretty standard for dealers trying to make a sale. I’m trying to get a little more off msrp and was wondering what people are getting here.

Gotcha. I didn't care about accessories, the biggest purchase would have been panniers, but I already had SW Motech ones and just got carriers for those direct from Motech.

Offline BNAHOSS

• XR Member
  • Bike: ‘21 XR
  • Town: Nashville, TN
Reply #15 on: January 22, 2021, 02:45:39 AM
Two further questions:

I found information on the NHSA website on the recall and the dealer confirmed. New bikes are (mine has) being shipped. Once they arrive to NJ (“the warehouse”) the are replacing the Hays for either Brembo or Nissan. Priority is being given to bikes that are already sold.

Good luck, I got my first quote from Charlotte BMW, the next day I was in Chattanooga. Neither would budge off the MSRP. I’ve ordered $2k in parts (bags, etc) and did get a discount over what Max BMW lists them for, but I’m uncertain what the % was...
stupidity has a knack of getting its way ~ Albert Camus

Offline seezur

• XR Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 05:56:23 AM
*Originally Posted by BNAHOSS [+]
I found information on the NHSA website on the recall and the dealer confirmed. New bikes are (mine has) being shipped. Once they arrive to NJ (“the warehouse”) the are replacing the Hays for either Brembo or Nissan. Priority is being given to bikes that are already sold.

Good luck, I got my first quote from Charlotte BMW, the next day I was in Chattanooga. Neither would budge off the MSRP. I’ve ordered $2k in parts (bags, etc) and did get a discount over what Max BMW lists them for, but I’m uncertain what the % was...

Maybe it’s just wishful thinking. I did get BMW Charlotte to come in a little lower, but yeah, it’s looking tough. What’d you get accessory wise?

Offline BNAHOSS

• XR Member
Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 01:14:57 PM
What’d you get accessory wise?

OEM parts:
Touring case (2), Touring case Trim (2), Touring case lock (2), Touring case inside bag (2), Radiator/oil cooler protection, CF crash bar (2), CF crash bar installation hardware, TFT protection =  $2,917.94 USD

Aftermarket Farkles: =  $5,636.60 USD
      RubbaTeck   Tank and Knee pads
      Quad Lock   Phone Mount and Adapter
      Quad Lock   USB Charger, Lightning Cable
      Adaptiv   Adaptiv A-05-01 TPX Wiring Harness
      Adaptiv   CPT 15V to dual USB adapter
      Adaptiv   Adaptiv A-02-02 TPX Visual Alert
      Adaptiv   Adaptiv A-05-02 TPX Quick-Release Mount Plate
      Amazon   Bluetooth dongle for Radar
      GripPuppies   Grip Puppies
      Adaptiv   AdaptivMount Skinny Bar Mount
      EvoTech   Crash Bobbins
      INNOVV   INNOVV C5- Black Camera
      EvoTech   F & R spindle Bobbins
      BrenTuning   Diagnostic Tool w/ Stage 2 Tune, IAT Kit and Intake Flappers, Sprint Filter (AND T-SHIRT!)
      Amazon   Cable Sheath Mesh Wire
      Powerbronze   Headlight Protectors
      Denali/   Brake Light
      TechMount   Techmount Fairing Mount - Black 4-21002 42-4467 4402-0321
      Clearwater   DARLA LED Lights, W/ Amber Covers
      Monimoto   GPS Theft device/ TRACKER MM6
      Sena   Sena 50S BT Headset
      Ebay   SENA SM10-01 DUAL STREAM BLUETOOTH STEREO TRANSMITTER
      EvoTech   Handlebar End Weights & EP Light Mounting Kit
      Scottoiler   Scottoiler eSystem v3.1 Electronic Chain Oiler
      Beemershop, Inc   Denali EZCAN-K16GEN2
      Cymarc Engineering Ltd   Facebook   TFT Screen Anti Theft Brace
      Aliexpress.com   TFT Sun Visor
      Aliexpress.com   Handguard extensions
      Ebay   CLARTON HORN Horn 61338381271
      Discount ESP   Manufacture+5 ESP/Tire/Wheel

Craig @ Charlotte BMW was great! I opted for Pandora's because it is closer to Nashville. I detest Bloodworth's!
Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 03:13:12 PM by BNAHOSS

Offline herveyw

• XR Member
Reply #18 on: January 23, 2021, 02:08:09 AM
*Originally Posted by BNAHOSS [+]
OEM parts:
Touring case (2), Touring case Trim (2), Touring case lock (2), Touring case inside bag (2), Radiator/oil cooler protection, CF crash bar (2), CF crash bar installation hardware, TFT protection =  $2,917.94 USD

Aftermarket Farkles: =  $5,636.60 USD
      RubbaTeck   Tank and Knee pads
      Quad Lock   Phone Mount and Adapter
      Quad Lock   USB Charger, Lightning Cable
      Adaptiv   Adaptiv A-05-01 TPX Wiring Harness
      Adaptiv   CPT 15V to dual USB adapter
      Adaptiv   Adaptiv A-02-02 TPX Visual Alert
      Adaptiv   Adaptiv A-05-02 TPX Quick-Release Mount Plate
      Amazon   Bluetooth dongle for Radar
      GripPuppies   Grip Puppies
      Adaptiv   AdaptivMount Skinny Bar Mount
      EvoTech   Crash Bobbins
      INNOVV   INNOVV C5- Black Camera
      EvoTech   F & R spindle Bobbins
      BrenTuning   Diagnostic Tool w/ Stage 2 Tune, IAT Kit and Intake Flappers, Sprint Filter (AND T-SHIRT!)
      Amazon   Cable Sheath Mesh Wire
      Powerbronze   Headlight Protectors
      Denali/   Brake Light
      TechMount   Techmount Fairing Mount - Black 4-21002 42-4467 4402-0321
      Clearwater   DARLA LED Lights, W/ Amber Covers
      Monimoto   GPS Theft device/ TRACKER MM6
      Sena   Sena 50S BT Headset
      Ebay   SENA SM10-01 DUAL STREAM BLUETOOTH STEREO TRANSMITTER
      EvoTech   Handlebar End Weights & EP Light Mounting Kit
      Scottoiler   Scottoiler eSystem v3.1 Electronic Chain Oiler
      Beemershop, Inc   Denali EZCAN-K16GEN2
      Cymarc Engineering Ltd   Facebook   TFT Screen Anti Theft Brace
      Aliexpress.com   TFT Sun Visor
      Aliexpress.com   Handguard extensions
      Ebay   CLARTON HORN Horn 61338381271
      Discount ESP   Manufacture+5 ESP/Tire/Wheel

Craig @ Charlotte BMW was great! I opted for Pandora's because it is closer to Nashville. I detest Bloodworth's!

And there was me thinking all I needed was to replace the GPS mount with a phone mount and maybe get some CW Darla.

You definitely went "all in"  :152:

Offline BNAHOSS

• XR Member
Reply #19 on: January 24, 2021, 11:34:37 PM
*Originally Posted by herveyw [+]
You definitely went "all in"  :152:

When you order a bike, they stop you from getting it, then 3 months later they tell you it may get here next month... You find new ways to keep yourself entertained. For instance, you talk to yourself waaay too much...

Oooohhh, that looks good... I need that... Why not... It's Only Money... Why didn't they include that? Wonder what the wife will say...  :745:

dysfunctional