Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Gen1 Lowering Dog Bones by Roaring Toyz - has anyone used them?  (Read 441 times)

Online scn101

• XR Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Town: Dallas, TX
Been reading a lot about lowering the S1000XR gen 1.  There's Soupy's kit but I read in another post don't use needle bearings, not sure if that's an issue or not.

There's also Cymarc that seems to get great reviews, but being in the USA, I can't just swing by.  Does Cymarc use Soupy's system or do they make their own?  People seem happy with their service, I wonder if they sell a kit for those that can't go to their shop?

And then I came across these: Roaring Toyz Dog Bones  They say they use "OEM bearings."  One thing that seems to be nice is you don't have to ensure the left and right side are adjusted to the same length as you do for Soupy's...I wonder if this makes installation easier and less prone to error?

Any thoughts?

Offline Crosshairs

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2018 S1000XR
  • Town: Oceanport
Re: Gen1 Lowering Dog Bones by Roaring Toyz - has anyone used them?
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 12:33:16 AM
no issues at all with the Soupys kit on my bike...installation is a breeze...plus they have been around a long time, and that counts for something in my book

Offline Speedy

• XR Pro
  • Town: Atlanta
Re: Gen1 Lowering Dog Bones by Roaring Toyz - has anyone used them?
Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 09:37:36 PM
SCN101,

I completely agree.  I looked hard at them before buying the Soupy's and I have to say the Soupy's install was a bit concerning as you do need to get the lengths exactly right and it is very hard, if not impossible, to adjust once you start the install, without starting over.  I think the Roaring Toyz would be much easier, but I found an article someone here (jskene) had written and it seemed to make it easier, but not a slam dunk.

If I had to do it over, I'd go with the Roaring Toyz, but that's just me.  Soupy's has sold a ton over the years and they stay popular for a reason.
Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 09:41:57 PM by Speedy
2018 BMW S1000XR Ocean Blue - Current
2018 BMW R1200RT Carbon Black Metallic - Current
2015 Yamaha FZ-09 Matte Grey - Current

dysfunctional