Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from BC, Canada  (Read 3699 times)

Offline Bald Man

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Jaffray BC
Hello from BC, Canada
« on: April 11, 2015, 08:48:52 PM »
Have been riding for most of my life, either on the dirt or roads. Currently own and love my 2012 KTM 990 SMT. I ordered up my S1000XR as soon as I seen it in a magazine. I'm expecting to see it mid June. Ordered up a white, due to the fact that I ride with a few buds that have the red Multistrada, so I didn't want to look like them. June can't come fast enough. We have some great riding around in the south BC area and into Montana / Idaho.   
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:58:39 PM by Bald Man »

Offline Ninja

• XR Junior
  • Bike: Z1000
Re: Hello from BC, Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 12:04:13 PM »
6000 Multistrada's have just been recalled due to the throttle not fully closing  :005: 

Boy I wouldn't touch one of those now !   :110:

Nice SMT by the way and welcome to the forum  :821:

Offline Bald Man

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 06:07:14 PM »
Picked up my bike June 30. Looks better in real live than the pictures that I've been drooling over for 7 months. Got it home and removed the pannier mounts in 4 minutes; 4 bolts involved. Cleaned up the bike nicely. Put on 560 km July 1 and enjoyed the hell out of it. Took a 100 km or so to get used to the quick shifter, but I have to say, that is a freakin' sweet way to fly through the gears. Was out with a buddy that rides a Multistrada (equipped with header & computer upgrade). Had a few good pulls after 500 km on my bike. 1st through 5th and shifting at 7000 rpm I was pulling him nicely, then he started to pull away due to the lack of my RPM. This is a beautiful bike. The ONLY thing I had issue with was the handle bar vibration from 5000 - 6000 rpm. Hopefully that can be addressed. Overall - 3 thumbs up.  :305:

Offline Bald Man

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 06:08:25 PM »
One more picture.

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 09:31:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bald Man [+]
Picked up my bike June 30. Looks better in real live than the pictures that I've been drooling over for 7 months. Got it home and removed the pannier mounts in 4 minutes; 4 bolts involved. Cleaned up the bike nicely. Put on 560 km July 1 and enjoyed the hell out of it. Took a 100 km or so to get used to the quick shifter, but I have to say, that is a freakin' sweet way to fly through the gears. Was out with a buddy that rides a Multistrada (equipped with header & computer upgrade). Had a few good pulls after 500 km on my bike. 1st through 5th and shifting at 7000 rpm I was pulling him nicely, then he started to pull away due to the lack of my RPM. This is a beautiful bike. The ONLY thing I had issue with was the handle bar vibration from 5000 - 6000 rpm. Hopefully that can be addressed. Overall - 3 thumbs up.  :305:

That is awesome, smurf's are on the attack and going after S1000XR's, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

My guess, heavier brass bar ends will do a ton to tame the vibrations, along with some grip puppies, and most folks should ok with the bike as it is. Good to see another white S1000XR in the Northern hemisphere of NA.

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 03:24:03 AM »
And the handlebar vibration almost seems to disappear when you're running over 7000 RPM!!   :156: 
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 02:28:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by grnmtvt [+]
And the handlebar vibration almost seems to disappear when you're running over 7000 RPM!!   :156:

Good point, probably why I never notice the vibrations, I never drone at that RPM as I find the bike much more fun running between 6-10K.