Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Headers  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Headers
Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 08:45:26 PM
For me you can perm anyone of the three header options makes no difference,they will all get the job done way better than the stockers, but frankly I find the Bren Tuning laughable...I’ve put a secondhand PCV on both my X/R and my GT both had been set up on dyno’s for other bikes and when fitted to mine needed adjusting on a dyno because no two bikes are the same.... the important part... is the A/F line on the bottom of the dyno print out, because if they ain’t pretty dam close the HP figures just become a minor detail...unless you are going to ride the bike on the stop all the time.

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
Reply #11 on: January 26, 2021, 01:11:22 PM
Thats interesting Smithy, when I looked on the Arrow web site it looked like they didnt.

Thats all good then :-)

I have an S1000rr wiring loom on the way and an RR airbox with variable height velocity stacks, watch this space :-)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 03:17:51 PM
Will be interesting to hear how you get on, having gone the shorter velocity stacks with a Moto Hooligan filter and short stacks on the KTM GT blimey it does rev a lot quicker, so you should have story to tell with what you are going to do with yours  :001:

Online the bartender

• XR Member
  • Town: Vancouver
Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 03:46:32 PM
Black Widow has a 2nd gen XR in their shop, and will be working on headers for it next. They hope to launch them in the spring.

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Reply #14 on: January 27, 2021, 02:10:46 AM
*Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
Thats interesting Smithy, when I looked on the Arrow web site it looked like they didnt.

Thats all good then :-)

I have an S1000rr wiring loom on the way and an RR airbox with variable height velocity stacks, watch this space :-)

Here's a pic of mine from underneath looking up towards the head, you can see the little "balance pipe" between cyls 2 & 3.

Smithy.
Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 02:11:24 AM by smithy
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Wyatt

• XR Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Custer
Reply #15 on: January 27, 2021, 12:46:23 PM
When I saw pictures of the short connecting pipe, I wasn’t sure that it was open to the exhaust.  I thought it might be structural; to help with vibration maybe.  All the pictures I had seen, the weld areas were gusseted like Smithy’s.

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
Reply #16 on: January 27, 2021, 01:11:28 PM
Its a link pipe between the two runners not for strength. In fact on my Akra headers it just slides together and is not welded.

I think the pics I saw Smithy were just stock pics and not of the actual header. I would have been tempted to go Arrow :-) as they were cheaper.

Offline Colin

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Peterborough
Reply #17 on: January 27, 2021, 05:39:57 PM
If it’s cheap you are looking for - Black Widow just shy of £400 for headers, no link pipe tho.

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Reply #18 on: January 27, 2021, 07:32:18 PM
*Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
Its a link pipe between the two runners not for strength. In fact on my Akra headers it just slides together and is not welded.

I think the pics I saw Smithy were just stock pics and not of the actual header. I would have been tempted to go Arrow :-) as they were cheaper.

Indeed my little link pipe is just a slide together affair same as the Akra, not welded.

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

dysfunctional