Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Anyone Looking Over Their Shoulder  (Read 1125 times)

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Topic Author
  • Town: Birmingham
Anyone Looking Over Their Shoulder
on: January 27, 2021, 04:18:00 PM
I keep my bikes years in fact I have all 6 that I have bought in the last 20....but no harm in looking. :001:...see the new Multistrada has write ups as in good ones the like of which I don’t think I have ever read before, and I see Triumph have turned up with a 1200r, about as practical as a chocolate tea pot, but that motor will certain morph in a Tiger at some time.

If we ever get out of this Covid thing might even get to ride a bike.....

Online SMXR

• XR Member
  • Town: Solihull
Re: Anyone Looking Over Their Shoulder
Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 06:40:35 PM
Yes, the Tiger Sport is so in need of re-launch. New 1200 RS lump in a new frame, with no desire to ever leave the tarmac - could be interesting

Offline bobdave

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S100XR
  • Town: Bournemouth
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 07:00:49 PM
I'm tempted to test ride the 'chocolate teapot' Triumph Speed Triple as I reckon that would be real fun for hooning about on. Maybe not so good for touring !

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Topic Author
Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 07:44:54 PM
Bought this new in 2001, went from a 19" front to a 17" with wire wheels and then changed to Dymags, Ohlins on the back and full floating Beringers on the front, and with a 5 gallon tank still covers ground better than anything else we've ever had, Barcelona/B'Ham including the Dover/Calais crossing in 16 hours a 1050 miles  :156:

Offline Molsal

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR-TE
  • Town: Flitcham
Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 12:39:17 AM
*Originally Posted by bobdave [+]
I'm tempted to test ride the 'chocolate teapot' Triumph Speed Triple as I reckon that would be real fun for hooning about on. Maybe not so good for touring !
I have owned 2 Street triples, a 2017 and 2020 model, they are amazing on tight twisty country roads the new Speed triple is around the same weight as the smaller sibling so should be amazing.

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 07:24:57 AM
I really like the look of the new Speed RS, one of the most interesting bikes to be in ages.

I have a Tuono V4 as well as the XR, so love the whole hypernaked thing.

I have done a 3000mile tour down through Corsica, Sardina, Italy and back through the alps on the Tuono. I am older now :) , not convinced I would want to do that now. Though would if it was my only bike :-)

Edited to add @Molsal, I have had 3 daytonas, a 675 Street Triple and now I have a 765RS I have converted into a track bike with clipons and Daytona fairings. I love the triple engine :-) So yeah a light weight more powerful speedy does appeal :-)

Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 07:26:41 AM by bazzer

Offline Belco100

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Gen 1 Triple Blk
  • Town: Essex
Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 10:52:56 AM
After running a R1250GS for about a year I have decided twins really aren't my thing, but the V4 Multistrada does look pretty good. A mate has already test ridden one and placed an order. But the price of the thing - priced up online at just over £23k!! Bloody hell.

(Mind you, just priced up a new XR in Motorsport colours and that was £19k  :012:)

Offline Mr NSB

• XR Pro
  • Town: Hampshire
Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 12:27:19 PM
I have only ever had one bike at a time but I have had a hankering to own a 70’s two stroke to revisit my yoof. And last week I ended up buying a 1979 RD250 which is in a good usable condition but will benefit from some tidying up. This week I am also considering a KH250  :084:

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 12:59:53 PM
I had a KH250 and a KH400 triple back in the day :-)

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Topic Author
Reply #9 on: January 28, 2021, 01:25:21 PM
A very long time ago  :001:

Had ridden too Rodez in the SoF and couldn't work out why the right exhaust was smoking... only to find out there was no oil in the gearbox... outside crank seal had gone, came home(5 liters of gearbox oil) and sold it for a brand new CB750 and then bought this and I've been Winger ever since

But if you guys want two strokes...complete with tape around the clocks I'd just thrown it down the road....

Best one of the lot... I had a mate loan me this for 12 months....

Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 01:31:14 PM by Winger

dysfunctional