Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 345 times)

Offline Simmo

• XR Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Pontefract
Help please
on: January 30, 2021, 12:03:43 PM
When I start riding everything is fine but after I have gone quite quick, the riding light on the dash starts flashing, the abs light comes on and goes off , occasionally I loose the range remaining and fuel bars and worst , the suspension sets itself to really firm
Any ideas

Offline yorkiebiker

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SPORTS S
  • Town: Leeds
Re: Help please
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 12:35:19 PM
Suggest dealers sound like dash is faulty
Live for today tomorrow may never come.

Offline SimonUK

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
  • Town: Upstate, SC
Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 12:50:21 PM
check the battery terminals and get the battery tested.

Offline Bertiebot

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR & S!000R
  • Town: Derby
Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 02:21:10 PM
Not saying its the same thing but I had an issue with the fuel gauge not resetting on refuelling and an engine warning light keeping coming on. My local dealer Pidcock were pretty useless and had the bike in about 4 times, resetting the error codes each time which fixed it for about a day. Mine was out of warranty so for them to fix it was going to require them to have the bike indefinitely and let an electrician properly evaluate it at £££ per hour.

Long story short, I bought a GS911 so I could at least reset the codes myself and discovered a recurring side stand stick error that kept coming back. I traced the wire from the side stand switch and discovered it was pinched behind the sprocket cover and had damaged insulation. I fixed the insulation and everything was fine.

I guess my thought is that if you have no luck with BMW then something like a GS911 is maybe a worthwhile investment and help you diagnose whats going on. The home one supports 8 VIN codes so would work on any other or future BMW bikes you might own too
Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 02:49:36 PM by Bertiebot
Lovely bikes those XRs

Online wessie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
  • Town: Cheltenham
Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 02:47:51 PM
*Originally Posted by SimonUK [+]
check the battery terminals and get the battery tested.

this - seems to happen on this bike more than others. I really don't think the battery retaining thing is robust enough to stop the battery vibrating.

dysfunctional