Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: S1000XR to get Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyres ?  (Read 10675 times)

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
Re: S1000XR to get Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyres ?
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 08:48:56 AM »
The pressure changes less as they heat up.  Did this on the Trophy and the STR always checked them at cold and by the time the run was done the pressures were usually about 4 to 6 psi above.  With Nitrogen it is about 1 to 2 at max.  It is a race thing that has filtered down and they can charge you to put air in.  Problem is when you top up it is air but My brother changes it for me I am not going to complain just wish he would clean it as well.  He does a chain clean you would be proud of Rich he gets the old toothbrushes out and spends ages,  I think it is his way of getting away from his wife  :008:

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 10:48:25 PM »
My rear Diablo is completely shot now at 3K !

Brilliant tyre though and i will have another to see out the front then look at other options that offer similar grip but last a bit longer !
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline s1imster

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr se
  • Town: bewdley
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 10:46:54 PM »
just picked my 1000XR SE up with the pirellis on but the other XR's in the showroom had brigestones on.
never  had pirellis before but the bike handles great with them, what pressures  are peps running ? i ran 32 36 on dunlops  with the tuono but this bike is heavier 
fix it till its broke

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 08:40:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by s1imster [+]
just picked my 1000XR SE up with the pirellis on but the other XR's in the showroom had brigestones on.
never  had pirellis before but the bike handles great with them, what pressures  are peps running ? i ran 32 36 on dunlops  with the tuono but this bike is heavier

42 rear and 36 front works well for me and if you think the Rosso 2s are good wait till you try the Rosso 3s
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

dysfunctional