Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Introduction AND right to business. OEM Top Box Choices  (Read 359 times)

Offline robt77burke

• XR Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Los Angeles
Introduction AND right to business. OEM Top Box Choices
on: February 07, 2021, 08:43:27 PM
Hey XRers,

I just picked up my new-to-me 2016 XR.  Yesterday left me almost speechless.  I graduated from R65, to several 1100 models including S.  Recently bought package deal of two r1200 (RT & GS).  Was notably impressed by the increase in power and drop in weight from the 1100 years.   But yesterday I was gobsmacked.  Wow.  I'm in love. 

Sorry if this same question has been answered a hundred times.  I couldn't find this topic previously.   I need a top-box.  On MAX BMW Microfiche, BMW offers TWO different top boxes: 30 and 49 liter.  Please post your opinions, experience and especially pictures of the OEM 49 liter box.   I've seen the Shad and Givi options.   When I first laid eyes on my 49 liter RT OEM box I was skeptical of how big it appeared, but once on the bike it is proportional and I absolutely love it.    With the XR being smaller I'm apprehensive about going too big.  Lemme see them pics IF there are any 49 L boxes out there.   Will two helmets fit?  What about the 30L?  Is anyone selling theirs after an "upgrade" ?  Leaning toward OEM, but Availability and price will def affect final decision.

Thanks gentlemen (and ladies?)

Offline advr6

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Burlington
Re: Introduction AND right to business. OEM Top Box Choices
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 09:25:14 PM
You can fit the larger vario top box from the GS ...

dysfunctional