Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: 2021 XR - High Revving At Cold Engine Start Up  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Stav

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR TE
  • Town: Cambridgeshire
Re: 2021 XR - High Revving At Cold Engine Start Up
Reply #30 on: April 01, 2021, 10:59:52 AM
*Originally Posted by Colin [+]
Stav, when are you getting your bike on the Dyno at BSD? I%u2019ve got mine booked in for a dyno run next Wed as my low end fuelling is rubbish, ive got the Stage 3 Brentune flash so want them to evaluate it. Also will see if they can do 2 runs - as it currently is + I%u2019ll take the handheld with me to reset the ecu back to stock, if they%u2019ve got time for 2 runs, bearing in mind I%u2019ve got aftermarket headers on a Gen 1 so a very different set up to yours.

No idea when I'll manage to book a dyno run at BSD mate, I've been spending quite some time and money on my little Suzuki GSX-S750 at the moment so the XR has been dormant, mods wise...
It will be great to hear your experience and get BSD's feedback on their tune. I'm not familiar with Gen 1's but as far as I know the newer bikes run on wideband sensors and can be tuned to run almost exclusively in closed-loop mode targeting at set AFR.
I bet your bike is a proper animal though! Enjoy :)

Offline JerryG

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2021 S1000XR
  • Town: Hendersonville
Reply #31 on: April 01, 2021, 01:42:27 PM
*Originally Posted by esso_sa [+]
Same here. By the time I roll it out of the garage and put my gloves on, it's warmed up and ready.
And I don't find this feature annoying. To me, that angry start and high rpm's fit perfectly to the XR's character.
Those who don't like high rpm's, noise and aggression, should get a Goldwing  :001:

I couldn't agree more, that such an "angry start and high rpm's fit perfectly to the XR's character."

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000XR 2021 TE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
Reply #32 on: April 01, 2021, 07:04:15 PM
*Originally Posted by JerryG [+]
I couldn't agree more, that such an "angry start and high rpm's fit perfectly to the XR's character."

its just an unnecessary and unpleasant noise that delays you riding off, and it not just for the first start of the day.
PSH

Offline JerryG

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2021 S1000XR
  • Town: Hendersonville
Reply #33 on: April 02, 2021, 01:33:39 AM
*Originally Posted by PaulS1000XR [+]
its just an unnecessary and unpleasant noise that delays you riding off, and it not just for the first start of the day.

Unnecessary? Are you more qualified on the subject than BMW Motorrad's entire engineering staff? I doubt it.

Unpleasant? Eye of the beholder and this beholder likes it.

Offline AUXR1000

• XR Member
Reply #34 on: April 02, 2021, 09:39:29 AM
I enjoy the higher revving on start up and it certainly does not delay my departure either.