Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Best way to pair Gen 2 TFT screen & Nav VI to Schuberth SC1 Advanced  (Read 588 times)

Offline peterwbaker1100

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000XR W/B/R
  • Town: Stoke-Sub-Hamdon
Looking for best practise/clever experiences of connecting up TFT screen, Nav VI and phone to my Schuberth SC1 Advanced. 

All the bluetooth connectivity works, and I have tried several different options.

1st the phone and helmet are connected to the bike as BMW intended through the menu system so the built-in navigation works.  All good so far:-)

But then I want to be able to listen to turn by turn instructions from the Nav VI to my helmet and this is where there seems to be a clash in that sometimes the audio connection to the Nav VI is lost... 

Not sure if using Adaptive Selective Paring would help or not - any suggestions happily taken - Thanks, Peter
R1250RT two up / S1000XR for fun!

Offline Robbee

• XR Junior
Try this link:

......its a bit long, but quite comprehensive. Let us know if it resolves your issue.

Robbee

Offline peterwbaker1100

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
That is super useful, thanks for the pointer Robbee, as with anything BMW bikes Bluetooth seems very fussy about the order you do things in!  I'll try it out over the next week or so and see how stable it is... 

One problem it leaves me with...  phone connects to the bike which in turn connects to my Schuberth SC1a, hence when I turn the bike off I can't talk on the phone using my headset any more!  Bit of a pain, but the smaller of all evils! 

Thanks again!  Peter       

Offline peterwbaker1100

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
Having gone through the video instructions (see below) it worked at first, audio from Nav VI and phone/helmet connected to the bike - result I thought!!!  But no, coming back to the bike again more often than not the bike/TFT does not recognise the helmet so you only get your phone connected to the bike/TFT.  Seems to me the Bike/TFT and Nav VI argue between themselves... :-(

If anyone has their Schuberth SC1 Advance reliably connected to the bike/TFT and Nav V/VI please let me know.

I have since found this later 2020 video about BMW R1250GS/Sena SRL/Nav 6/iPhone connectivity which I will be trying next! 

Essentially the same pre advice of unpair everything, update firmware/software for all devices, reset/delete all pairing on all devices.

Then do the following in order (slightly different to the first 2018)
•   Pair Nav VI to helmet using GPS connection
•   Pair Phone to Nav VI (Un-tick media / Un-tick phone calls)
•   Pair bike to phone
•   Pair bike to helmet using Primary phone

++++++++++++++++++++++

Original 2018 Video

Essentially says first unpair everything, update firmware/software for all devices, reset/delete all pairing on all devices.

Then do the following in order

•   Pair helmet to bike using Primary phone connection
•   Pair helmet to Nav VI using Secondary Phone added GPS connection
•   Pair phone to bike
•   Pair phone to Nav VI (Un-tick phone calls and media)
Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 08:44:42 AM by peterwbaker1100

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
For all things bike related, I've discovered through trial an error that the only way to accomplish such complexity in Bluetooth technology is:

1. Pair the phone to the Navigator
2. Pair the navigator to the helmet.

DO NOT pair the phone to the helmet.  Ever.  Bluetooth is a very, very fickle technology, and the less complex the connections, the better chance of success.

I've found that making the Navigator the hub that connects everything seems to work most reliably.
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline Salem

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
*Originally Posted by Low-Brau [+]
I've found that making the Navigator the hub that connects everything seems to work most reliably.

That's not logic, you want the simplest of connections and now you stack a phone to the nav, and then to the helmet?
I'd say using anything as a bluetooth hub with BMW on it is asking for problems.Cardo/Sena are way better in that, and with free firmware updates. But I got dead tired of Sena audio overlay not working between GPS and phone music. I've deactivated the Nav V b/t audio, and actually not missing it at all given the GPS screen is about in front of my nose. So now only phone internet radio (tunein) directly to the helmet. Works great

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
*Originally Posted by Salem [+]
That's not logic,

You are correct.

But it’s the only method that has worked for me.
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

dysfunctional