Author Shocked.  (Read 5077 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline OW31   au

    • XR Pro  ‐    103
    • ***
    • Topic Author

    Offline OW31

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 103
    • Town: Brisbane
    • Country: au
    Shocked.
    on: March 04, 2021, 04:15:37 am
    March 04, 2021, 04:15:37 am
    This arrived today  :002:



    The stock shock wasn't bad, wasn't fantastic either, hopefully there's a noticeable improvement.

  • Offline bazzer   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1168
    • *****
      #1

    Offline bazzer

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1168
    • Town: Waterlooville
    • Country: gb
    Re: Shocked.
    Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 09:27:32 am
    March 04, 2021, 09:27:32 am
    Interested in how this works, I am going manual K-tech, but I did look seriously at this.



  • Offline Winger   gb

    • XR God  ‐    3544
    • *****
      #2

    Offline Winger

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 3544
    • Town: Birmingham
    • Country: gb
    Re: Shocked.
    Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 12:50:32 pm
    March 04, 2021, 12:50:32 pm
    I custom ordered my non ESA X/R and then took the rear shock off and replaced it with a Wilbers and it’s superb, the KTM GT I bought in 19 has electric sus , and i’ll Be more than happy to chuck the sus in the bin at the first opportunity, so i’m On my starting blocks...if Bazzer and K-Tech can come up with a solution  :001:

  • Offline Mareng1   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1557
    • *****
      #3

    Offline Mareng1

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1557
    • Bike: S1000XR
    • Town: Cumbria
    • Country: gb
    Re: Shocked.
    Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 01:44:23 pm
    March 04, 2021, 01:44:23 pm
    *Originally Posted by Winger [+]
    I custom ordered my non ESA X/R and then took the rear shock off and replaced it with a Wilbers and it’s superb, the KTM GT I bought in 19 has electric sus , and i’ll Be more than happy to chuck the sus in the bin at the first opportunity, so i’m On my starting blocks...if Bazzer and K-Tech can come up with a solution  :001:

    Does no-one produce fork cartridge kits for the XR forks? 

  • Offline bazzer   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1168
    • *****
      #4

    Offline bazzer

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1168
    • Town: Waterlooville
    • Country: gb
    Re: Shocked.
    Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 03:10:00 pm
    March 04, 2021, 03:10:00 pm
    @Mareng1 Yep K-Tech used my forks to develop a cartridge kit and they have my bike at the moment finishing the details of the rear shock.


  • Offline Winger   gb

    • XR God  ‐    3544
    • *****
      #5

    Offline Winger

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 3544
    • Town: Birmingham
    • Country: gb
    Re: Shocked.
    Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 03:17:20 pm
    March 04, 2021, 03:17:20 pm
    Have to go up those neck of the woods on Monday so may well look into K-Tech and have a chat, in another life...had quite a bit to do with Ken Somerton.

    Re the non ESA forks on mine plenty of ajustment and more than happy, it just needed a quality rear shock.

  • Offline SimonUK   us

    • XR Master  ‐    941
    • ****
      #6

    Offline SimonUK

    • XR Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 941
    • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
    • Town: Upstate, SC
    • Country: us
    Re: Shocked.
    Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 06:16:16 pm
    March 04, 2021, 06:16:16 pm

  • Offline OW31   au

    • XR Pro  ‐    103
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #7

    Offline OW31

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 103
    • Town: Brisbane
    • Country: au
    Re: Shocked.
    Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 09:32:54 pm
    March 04, 2021, 09:32:54 pm
    *Originally Posted by Mareng1 [+]
    Does no-one produce fork cartridge kits for the XR forks?
    Tractive do a plug an play insert, I'm waiting to see how their shock is before getting the matching fork upgrade.
    https://www.beemershop.com/product/tractive-esadda-plug-play-fork-cartridge-dyn-closed-cartridge-fork-insert-s1000xr-2015-on.html

  • Offline bazzer   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1168
    • *****
      #8

    Offline bazzer

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1168
    • Town: Waterlooville
    • Country: gb
    Re: Shocked.
    Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 07:47:09 am
    March 05, 2021, 07:47:09 am
    *Originally Posted by OW31 [+]
    Tractive do a plug an play insert, I'm waiting to see how their shock is before getting the matching fork upgrade.
    https://www.beemershop.com/product/tractive-esadda-plug-play-fork-cartridge-dyn-closed-cartridge-fork-insert-s1000xr-2015-on.html

    I made one for about a tenner before I had the ESA disabled in the flash.


  • Offline OW31   au

    • XR Pro  ‐    103
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #9

    Offline OW31

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 103
    • Town: Brisbane
    • Country: au
    Re: Shocked.
    Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 08:15:56 am
    March 05, 2021, 08:15:56 am
    *Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
    I made one for about a tenner before I had the ESA disabled in the flash.

    It's a plug and play cartridge kit....