Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: V4 Multistrada test ride.........not for me  (Read 625 times)

Offline jakebake

• XR Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: warwick
V4 Multistrada test ride.........not for me
on: March 27, 2021, 08:50:22 AM
I was really hoping to like this bike and had chosen my spec etc  ready to give to the dealer but following 2 hr ride and changed my mind.

The bike rides and handles very much like a GS and feels heavy in the corners . It’s very easy to ride , to the point where it sort of rides itself and does not require much involvement from the rider zzzzzzzzzz

The engine is great and has good punch but reaches each 10krpm limit very quickly and takes some getting used to.

Overall it’s a good bike but not all its hyped up to be. It not a nimble or as involving as the XR and overtime I think you would get bored of it

So looks like I am going to have to revisit a test ride on the gen 2 XR again and re-evaluate. My 2 gripes about the gen 2 XR  were the reduced low down pull compared to the gen 1 and also the gen 2 is too quiet with no induction noise. Since my 1st test ride I have been doing some homework on the Bren tuning and part of the stage 2 is flapper kit to the air box. So this sounds like the route I will go if I decide to buy one

What discounts has anyone achieved for the new XR, best so far is 5%

Offline Parmenion

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: Thessaloniki
Re: V4 Multistrada test ride.........not for me
Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 11:12:09 AM
The engine is very short geared compared to the XR. The multi V4 competes the GS not the XR.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
Mario Andretti

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 11:53:34 AM
On the basis it only costs you your time, i’d Go and test ride a KTMGT, i’m Not even going to get into the pro’s con’s just view it as an option.

Re modding the X/R, talk to Nick at Road&Race at Meriden, close enough for you and they did a great job on both my X/R and GT.

Offline OW31

• XR Member
  • Town: Brisbane
Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 03:18:34 AM
*Originally Posted by jakebake [+]
I was really hoping to like this bike and had chosen my spec etc  ready to give to the dealer but following 2 hr ride and changed my mind.

The bike rides and handles very much like a GS and feels heavy in the corners . It’s very easy to ride , to the point where it sort of rides itself and does not require much involvement from the rider zzzzzzzzzz

The engine is great and has good punch but reaches each 10krpm limit very quickly and takes some getting used to.

Overall it’s a good bike but not all its hyped up to be. It not a nimble or as involving as the XR and overtime I think you would get bored of it

So looks like I am going to have to revisit a test ride on the gen 2 XR again and re-evaluate. My 2 gripes about the gen 2 XR  were the reduced low down pull compared to the gen 1 and also the gen 2 is too quiet with no induction noise. Since my 1st test ride I have been doing some homework on the Bren tuning and part of the stage 2 is flapper kit to the air box. So this sounds like the route I will go if I decide to buy one

What discounts has anyone achieved for the new XR, best so far is 5%

And then there's this as well.

Ducati Begins an Engine Replacement Recall for the Multistrada V4 https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/recall/ducati-multistrada-v4-engine-replacement-recall/

dysfunctional