Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MCN - First Test Ride  (Read 2401 times)

Offline S1000XR

• Forum Help & Support
  • XR Pro
MCN - First Test Ride
« on: May 15, 2015, 09:53:27 AM »
I see that Motortcycle News have published a review in this weeks issue. It's a thumbs up  :028:  all the way with 5 stars out of five  :152:

The test is in the riding (don't we know it..) and on the handling stakes the news is positive.

To quote

"....the XR's about as fast, frantic and effective as upright bikes get. The equally impressive partner in that sheer dynamism is the XR's handling. We won't know for sure until we pit BMW's newcomer against close rivals like the updated Multistrada and KTM Super Adventure, but on the evidence of this first ride, so called adventure bikes have never been so sharp. The front end remained precise and controlled throughout, the whole plot, partly thanks to the steering damper, stable and assured. Simply, it never got out of shape."

Sounds great  :152:

Its summed up well in the verdict which says "The new S1000XR is probably one of the best BMW's ever."

Had a look online as as with these test rides it'snot on the website, so you'll have to buy the paper to get the full read.

:821:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:10:15 AM by S1000XR »

Offline Bald Man

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Jaffray BC
Re: MCN - First Test Ride
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 03:52:17 PM »
I am itching to receive mine. No hard date on delivery yet. The dealer ( Blackfoot in Calgary ) say mid June. Ordered up the full stainless Akrapovic exhaust yesterday. MAN,,,,I want to ride this bike SOON.

dysfunctional