Author Hello from NYC!  (Read 1105 times)

• Offline hamoncyte   es

• XR Junior  ‐    8
    • Topic Author

Offline hamoncyte

• XR Junior
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: S1000XR 2020
    • Town: New York City
    Hello from NYC!
    on: April 01, 2021, 02:13:04 am
    April 01, 2021, 02:13:04 am
    Hello all!

Hopped on the S1000XR 2020 & fell in love with the sitting position (and more wife compliant, haha). I originally went into the dealership to check the R & RR, upgrading from an FZ-07 (or MT for the rest of the world a few years back).

Well, NYC is not the best place to live with a motorcycle, but it is the crack I need, 🤣.

Mods done and planned for the upcoming weeks:

- Akra steel headers.
    - BOS titanium can.
    - Brentuning Stage 1.
    - Evotech Performance axle sliders, radiator & oil cooler guards, side sliders that can host the OEM LED foglights, bar ends.
    - Comfort seat.
    - Seat lowering rubber grommets.
    - Wheel reflective stickers.
    - Protective films for fairings & screen.
    - Wunderlinq + Quadlock.
    - Techspec tank grips/protectors.

I am finding out where to have a passenger backrest made, not looking forward to add luggage (no Gen 2s available currently). Suggestions are welcome!

Looking forward to contributing! Ride safe.
    Brapbrap

• Offline Colin   gb

• XR Pro  ‐    190

Offline Colin

• XR Pro
    • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
    • Town: Peterborough
    Re: Hello from NYC!
    Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 12:30:18 pm
    April 01, 2021, 12:30:18 pm
     :400: re backrest, not sure about the aesthetics there  :084:, wouldn’t you be better putting a top box on with a back rest fitted to it when you have a passenger?

• Offline hamoncyte   es

• XR Junior  ‐    8
    • Topic Author

Offline hamoncyte

• XR Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 12:45:14 pm
    April 01, 2021, 12:45:14 pm
    *Originally Posted by Colin [+]
    :400: re backrest, not sure about the aesthetics there  :084:, wouldn’t you be better putting a top box on with a back rest fitted to it when you have a passenger?

It could work, but in my mind I like how the back rest looks on maxiscooters and on bikes (Xdiavel for instance) 😅
    Brapbrap

• Offline bagwafu   gb

• XR Pro  ‐    242

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
    • Bike: S1000XR TE
    • Town: Somerset
    Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 01:45:03 pm
    April 01, 2021, 01:45:03 pm
     :400:

FWIW I went for ride two up with the missus the other day on my new Gen 2 and she commented on how comfortable the Shad SH59 Top Box with back rest was - the most comfortable she's been (her words) on a bike - and we've toured a lot in the last 5 years.  The top box itself has an inner adjustable volume which is a really good feature, and swapping the lock barrels looks to be a breeze compared to the BMW saga I'm used to.  Its doesn't look out of place either - highly recommended.
    2021 S1000XR TE

• Offline hamoncyte   es

• XR Junior  ‐    8
    • Topic Author

Offline hamoncyte

• XR Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 03:40:48 pm
    April 01, 2021, 03:40:48 pm
    *Originally Posted by bagwafu [+]
    :400:

FWIW I went for ride two up with the missus the other day on my new Gen 2 and she commented on how comfortable the Shad SH59 Top Box with back rest was - the most comfortable she's been (her words) on a bike - and we've toured a lot in the last 5 years.  The top box itself has an inner adjustable volume which is a really good feature, and swapping the lock barrels looks to be a breeze compared to the BMW saga I'm used to.  Its doesn't look out of place either - highly recommended.

I was checking this one, the expandable model and it does look good - mmhh... pulled the trigger on it! Thanks for the suggestion to both Colin & you - I guess I’ll be able to do a weekend trip with this top box & the tank bag I have. 👍
    Brapbrap

• Offline bagwafu   gb

• XR Pro  ‐    242

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
    • Bike: S1000XR TE
    • Town: Somerset
    Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 03:47:49 pm
    April 01, 2021, 03:47:49 pm
    *Originally Posted by hamoncyte [+]
    I was checking this one, the expandable model and it does look good - mmhh... pulled the trigger on it! Thanks for the suggestion to both Colin & you - I guess I’ll be able to do a weekend trip with this top box & the tank bag I have. 👍

No probs.  You'll need the fitting kit - basically a blank metal plate - its SHAD Part No "W0SX10ST" - takes about 20 mins to fit and fitting instructions are available on the Shad website as a downloadable PDF.
    2021 S1000XR TE

• Offline hamoncyte   es

• XR Junior  ‐    8
    • Topic Author

Offline hamoncyte

• XR Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 03:49:51 pm
    April 01, 2021, 03:49:51 pm
    *Originally Posted by bagwafu [+]
    No probs.  You'll need the fitting kit - basically a blank metal plate - its SHAD Part No "W0SX10ST" - takes about 20 mins to fit and fitting instructions are available on the Shad website as a downloadable PDF.

Yep, saw that - ordering it soon (I believe I haven’t found a lower value than the standard Retail one - asking my BMW dealership for it.

I’m sure my wife will be happy when she hops on the bike.
    Brapbrap

dysfunctional