Author Dynamic Pro on the Road  (Read 3158 times)

• Offline Belco100   gb

• XR Pro  ‐    304
    • Topic Author

Offline Belco100

• XR Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Gen 2 Racing Red
    • Town: Essex
    Dynamic Pro on the Road
    on: April 12, 2021, 03:41:01 pm
    April 12, 2021, 03:41:01 pm
    I done some updates to my Gen 1 XR over Easter, and actually plugged the Dynamic Pro dongle in at last.

I have to ask, why would you use Dynamic Pro mode on the road, the bike is unrideable. I thought I would try the bike out hard and opened her up in third on a dual carriage way just as I hit a ridge and the front came up so fast  :005:. First and second gear are almost unusable and third is borderline dangerous!

Back to Dynamic Mode for me   :034:

• Offline RyanGTXR   gb

• XR Pro  ‐    330

Offline RyanGTXR

• XR Pro
    • Bike: KTM 1290 GT
    • Town: Notts
    Re: Dynamic Pro on the Road
    Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 04:01:19 pm
    April 12, 2021, 04:01:19 pm
    Why buy a 160bhp bike if it scares you?
    Pro just lowers the amount of TC and anti wheelie available. Have never ridden mine in anything but pro and my KTM1290GT has been in sport with TC off since just after I got it 3 1/2 years ago. It's only as quick as you twist the throttle.
    I honestly think people are so used to bike being "nannied" with electronic aids they think any bike without is just dangerous. But until a few years ago it was the norm. Not only that but ride by wire throttle going through the ecu to tame power delivery was unheard of, and still bikes were kicking out 150+ raw bhp.
    My old GSXR 1000k4 streetfighter, was about 150 bhp, on race gearing with QS, lighter and shorter than the XR, with cable throttle. That bike was a lot of fun. No TC or ABS. Wheelied a lot, especially with pillion :D
    Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 04:07:15 pm by RyanGTXR

• Offline Belco100   gb

• XR Pro  ‐    304
    • Topic Author

Offline Belco100

• XR Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Gen 2 Racing Red
    • Town: Essex
    Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 06:54:50 pm
    April 12, 2021, 06:54:50 pm
    *Originally Posted by RyanGTXR [+]
    Why buy a 160bhp bike if it scares you?

Ouch, brutal  :001:

You are right though, I love the Nanny controls. In Dynamic mode I can float the front wheel through the first three gears up to a 100mph and get there pretty quick, which is why I bought the bike. In Pro I just Kangeroo up the road like an idiot and get there a lot slower.

• Offline Antares   gb

• XR God  ‐    1087

Offline Antares

• XR God
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 07:00:34 pm
    April 12, 2021, 07:00:34 pm
    I understand the appeal of 160 unrestricted ponies and it is indeed nice, but when you're out chilling and wanna have an occasional bit of fun it's nice to be able to whack the throttle with 0 regard to road conditions and just let the bike handle it. It's fun either way, one way just requires a lot less effort.

• Offline RyanGTXR   gb

• XR Pro  ‐    330

Offline RyanGTXR

• XR Pro
    Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 07:05:55 pm
    April 12, 2021, 07:05:55 pm
    *Originally Posted by Belco100 [+]
    Ouch, brutal  :001:

You are right though, I love the Nanny controls. In Dynamic mode I can float the front wheel through the first three gears up to a 100mph and get there pretty quick, which is why I bought the bike. In Pro I just Kangeroo up the road like an idiot and get there a lot slower.

Don't take this wrong, obviously I don't know how you ride etc. and it's not aimed at you, but I think a lot of people are loosing the art of throttle control. So many bikes now come with TC etc. keeping things in check they don't know how to roll a throttle on hard but not too hard.
    The reason I disabled TC on my 1290GT is it kicks in hard just on acceleration in lower gears (well, up to 4th) and it slowed the bike down, cutting in when hard overtakes were being done. I can ride it quicker with TC off. And it wheelies SOOOOO much with it off :D
    I've had the TC kick in a few times on the XR in pro, pretty sure it's saved a spill at least one of those, but would I have been so ham fisted with the throttle knowing it was off or didn't have any?

• Offline RyanGTXR   gb

• XR Pro  ‐    330

Offline RyanGTXR

• XR Pro
    Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 07:07:21 pm
    April 12, 2021, 07:07:21 pm
    *Originally Posted by Antares [+]
    I understand the appeal of 160 unrestricted ponies and it is indeed nice, but when you're out chilling and wanna have an occasional bit of fun it's nice to be able to whack the throttle with 0 regard to road conditions and just let the bike handle it. It's fun either way, one way just requires a lot less effort.

To me that's how my XR is while still in pro compared to my GT. The KTM is brutal and takes a lot of effort to get the best from it but is so rewarding for that very reason

• Offline Antares   gb

• XR God  ‐    1087

Offline Antares

• XR God
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 07:13:32 pm
    April 12, 2021, 07:13:32 pm
    *Originally Posted by RyanGTXR [+]
    but I think a lot of people are loosing the art of throttle control. So many bikes now come with TC etc. keeping things in check they don't know how to roll a throttle on hard but not too hard.

This makes sense but this is why I like the different levels of TC on the XR. You can take the piss in Dynamic but if you're in 2nd right in the powerband and you hit a crest it's still coming up really fast, maybe the electronics can catch it, maybe not, Same with slides, the electronics are there and they are nice but they aren't omnipotent. I feel like in Dynamic it's a perfect balance of letting you do what you want whilst being there to serve as a warning if you go past them. Going on a gravel patch in Dynamic is still a brown pants moment so ideally you wanna avoid it anyway. I personally barely get the TC and ABS to activate which I feel like is a good thing as I'm not crossing the borders whilst still riding at a pace plenty fast to get on the edge of the tyre in some good twisties.

• Offline CNC-REPAIRS   gb

• XR Member  ‐    33

Offline CNC-REPAIRS

• XR Member
    • Bike: S1000XR
    • Town: Kidderminster
    Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 10:02:53 pm
    April 12, 2021, 10:02:53 pm
    I run pro all the time mine has a full system and has been mapped. I can’t stand how the anti wheelie in dynamic is just so intrusive. I’d hardly say it’s un rideable! I’d say it’s how 160+bhp should feel. I’m very happy to have the front wheel in the air though.

• Offline Spiceboy   gb

• XR Pro  ‐    202

Offline Spiceboy

• XR Pro
    • Bike: XR TE M'Sport
    • Town: Bury St Edmunds
    Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 08:22:01 am
    April 13, 2021, 08:22:01 am
    Buy a Gen 2 Chaps, dynamic pro allows you to fine tune set each rider aid including engine braking.

At last,,,,,, you can set your bike exactly how you want it.  :152: :047:
    Cheers,
    Charlie Spiceboy.

• Offline PaulS1000XR   gb

• XR God  ‐    1202

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR God
    • My 4th XR - guess I like them.
    • Bike: S1000XR 2021 TE
    • Town: Worcester, UK
    Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 09:16:00 am
    April 13, 2021, 09:16:00 am
    *Originally Posted by Spiceboy [+]
    Buy a Gen 2 Chaps, dynamic pro allows you to fine tune set each rider aid including engine braking.

At last,,,,,, you can set your bike exactly how you want it.  :152: :047:

Yep. Thats another good feature of the Gen 2 XRs
    PSH