Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New S1000XR 1 week of ownership  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Charlie171

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000xr Sport SE
  • Town: Heysham
New S1000XR 1 week of ownership
« on: April 28, 2016, 06:35:23 PM »
Hi all. Just collected my new XR having had 7 GS1200 I have to say so far so good,I have fitted the after market bar weights and it is near perfect compared to the standard bike. Also a Fender Extension to try and look after the rad may fit a Rad Guard but my dealer said it may overheat?. Never been on a forum before so if this is posted wrong (sorry !)  I did read a lot of your feedback before buying my bike hence why I joined. Thanks Charlie..

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Peoria
Re: New S1000XR 1 week of ownership
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 04:47:08 AM »
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new XR.  Don't believe the dealer regarding the radiator guards; I have them on my bike and I live in Arizona... and the XR has never overheated.

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 08:31:23 AM »
2nd that statement and both dealers I use have said a wise investment.  I kept an eye on the temps of the engine without the guards and with,  there was no noticeable difference. I do 3k plus tours with the Wife and 3 boxes installed and not once had a problem with heat even on the Croatian coast during August.  Most of us here have them fitted for good reason. Get a set you ŵill save a lot of heartache when you trip is disrupted by a radiator accident. 

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline Charlie171

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000xr Sport SE
  • Town: Heysham
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 07:28:08 PM »
Thanks very,I will order some over the weekend..