Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bmw s1000 xr sport se - sat nav  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Sparky

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000 xrsport se
  • Town: Southampton
Bmw s1000 xr sport se - sat nav
« on: April 29, 2016, 07:41:20 PM »
Hi. I purchased a bmw s1000 xr sport se motor bike a couple of weeks ago and am contemplating having a sat nav put on it. Can anyone tell me which would be the best one to go for. I need to be able to hear directions via my scala rider 2. I am not tech minded so would the scala be compatible with the bmw garmin sat nav that is designed for the bike. Help please. Thanks.

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
Re: Bmw s1000 xr sport se - sat nav
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 12:01:00 AM »
There are many sat nav available but the BMW Nav 5 is the best for the bike as it can be controlled from the thumb wheel and has data logging for the bike
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 01:39:47 AM »
If you bought an SE version of the XR, why would you even consider anything besides the BMW Nav V? Your bike comes with GPS prep, pretty damn nifty integration of the GPS controls on that left bar wheel. From there you have a ton of control over what your Sat Nav will display including many engine parameters, Music being played and of course, a plethora of navigation options. It is not a cheap option but is based on the Garmin 590 LM, I also own this as well as the Sat Nav V, both are excellent GPS units but having the BMW integration into the spin dial makes it a major bonus and a no brainer in my book.

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Central
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 03:43:43 PM »
BMW Nav 5.  Totally integrated and a doddle to use.  Why would you not get it? (apart from cost cos its bloody expensive - but worth it).  And when you've got it look up www.motogoloco.com which is a BRILLIANT (and easy peasy) route planning site which downloads routes direct to your Nav 5.

I would quote an online price to your dealer and get him to match it - Bahnstormer in Hampshire are pretty good at getting close to online prices, they realise if they charged RRP for all their stuff they wouldn't sell anything !!
S1000XR SE Sport