Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: End Can or full system for s1000 xr  (Read 3635 times)

Offline Sparky

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000 xrsport se
  • Town: Southampton
End Can or full system for s1000 xr
« on: April 29, 2016, 07:53:09 PM »
Hi. Does anyone know of an end can or full system that can be fitted to my s1000 xr to make it sound nice. Thanks. Vaughan

Offline Muifke

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Echt (Holland)
Re: End Can or full system for s1000 xr
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 08:17:07 PM »
As long as you have that catalysator you can fit any endcan, but it won't give you much more sound than the stock can.
Put a full system on it and you will get plenty of sound even with the stock can ;)

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 09:27:23 PM »
I have the full Akrapovic system. It's bloody epic, and sounds like a formula 1 car, according to my riding mates!

I'm regularly over at Bahnstormer Alton area, so if you want to hear it at full chat one day, drop me a PM.

Offline Sparky

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000 xrsport se
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 09:48:53 PM »
That's interesting RichS as bahnstormers Alton told me akrapovic do not do a full system when I asked as I was very disappointed in their dustbin sized slip on end can. Could you please advise as to how I can get hold of one and at what price. cheers.

Offline tardis56

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 10:17:46 PM »
Like Rich, I have the full system, supplied and fitted at Bahnstormer Alton!

Offline damodici

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport
  • Town: Nottingham
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 06:13:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sparky [+]
That's interesting RichS as bahnstormers Alton told me akrapovic do not do a full system when I asked as I was very disappointed in their dustbin sized slip on end can. Could you please advise as to how I can get hold of one and at what price. cheers.

The parts are all over eBay bud, possibly not in the entire package but definitely headers and then end can.

Just search s1000xr exhaust.

You can get headers from akrapovic and arrow, both in stainless steel will be the cheapest and the arrow headers being cheapest still.

You can then just buy end cans.

Unfortunately the akrapovic end can will still be the same size as the one you don't like as that's the only end can available from them specific to the XR, that said there's a range of ways you can get a full system to work with alternative end cans but it's likely you'll need a new link pipe (headers to end can) making up.

So, buy headers (arrow cheapest I think).......decide whether you want high or low style mount, then buy an end can you like (remember you may want a hanger)......then take it to an exhuast fabricator and ask them to make a link pipe to connect the headers with the end can.

It'll just take a bit of thought.

I'm considering doing the same but I'm just waiting for information on a new exhaust which I'm assured is being launched Monday / Tuesday (Sc project)

Offline Bald Man

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Jaffray BC
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 02:31:15 AM »
Full system is the way to go.
Sounds and works great. Easy access to oil drain plug too.

dysfunctional