Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: After Market Seat Options for 2021 XR?  (Read 580 times)

Offline wood

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Atlanta
After Market Seat Options for 2021 XR?
on: May 04, 2021, 08:22:05 PM
Purchased a new 2021 XR and it came with the "high" seat option.  I am 6' 3" and enjoy being able to have my feet flat on the ground when walking or moving the bike around at a stop.   However, I need more leg room when riding - especially when I am on the balls of my feet in the corners.  :001:

Has anyone tried or purchased an after-market tall seat - adding height to the seat?  If yes - which manufacturer?  How much additional height?

Thanks!

Lee

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: After Market Seat Options for 2021 XR?
Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 09:08:46 PM
Went the same route with what was a new 16 bike, started with the taller HP seat, then bought another off eBay which got sold very quickly, and just got lucky with another off eBay that was made taller, so yea best option....go buy a stock seat for the later model and get a custom seat made, makes a tremendous difference.

Offline Salem

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 09:17:18 PM
6.3" too, 2020, standard high seat and had it changed for someting like euro 75. He added 20mm in the front, and filled out the hollow section in the back. Now I only slide forward when I want to.
Front of seat is just below the edge of the tankpanel.

Offline BNAHOSS

• XR Member
  • Bike: ‘21 XR
  • Town: Nashville, TN
Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 03:42:02 AM
Reach out to RDL. https://day-long.com/gallery/bmw/ Or Sargent.

I’m 6’4 250 and have the “stock” Sargent with no complaints. But I also have the “M” rear sets adjusted down…
stupidity has a knack of getting its way ~ Albert Camus

Offline wood

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 02:19:07 PM
*Originally Posted by BNAHOSS [+]
Reach out to RDL. https://day-long.com/gallery/bmw/ Or Sargent.

I’m 6’4 250 and have the “stock” Sargent with no complaints. But I also have the “M” rear sets adjusted down…

How did you adjust your rear brake pedal?  I purchased peg lowering kit, but stopped install when I realized that I could adjust the shifter easily, but could not see the same adjustment capability for the rear brake.

By "M" rear sets, are there adjustable pegs from BMW?  I purchased a bike that someone else ordered, waited months to get and cancelled his order.   It had M parts all over it, but I did not see anything other than stock pegs.

Offline BNAHOSS

• XR Member
  • Bike: ‘21 XR
  • Town: Nashville, TN
Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 02:50:43 PM
Pandora's? Red? Do you know Stephen from another dealership? If so, You got my Pre-order! Enjoy those forged wheels Bastard!....  :008:

The brake is not adjustable. No way (that I know of) to adjust that. The OEM "M" Rearsets are adjustable. I have size 15 boots, I found that I could lay the footpeg backward and it allowed for a better angle.

I will say Pandora's stepped up after BMW screwed the pooch and I had to walk (I ordered in October and it sat on the dock in German for 4 weeks). I got a screaming deal on the one they had...  :821: BMW tossed $500, BMWMOA $750... I've almost got everything to make mine the same as I ordered... (W/O the Forged wheels) :024:

Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 02:52:23 PM by BNAHOSS
stupidity has a knack of getting its way ~ Albert Camus

Offline wood

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 03:48:59 PM
Yeah, I got your bike - sorry about that.  We purchased a bike for my wife and I had several bikes at home, so I was in no rush to get the XR.  Surprisingly, it came in within a week.

My issue with the pegs is not foot length - it is leg length.  Tough while flat footing on the road - and painful in my knees when I am on the balls of my feet in the corners.

Those OEM pegs look great - but not sure I want to try lowering pegs (scraping); and there is the issue of the brake not being able to move down.

Again, sorry about getting your bike.  I got yours and you purchased the one that I wanted.  It all comes out in the wash.
 :046:

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 04:22:49 PM
There you go...the wonders of windows 10 grrrr

Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 04:23:20 PM by Winger

dysfunctional