• XR Junior  ‐    1
    • Topic Author

Offline Moosen_aroun

• XR Junior
    • Topic Author
    "Own" an XR
    on: May 25, 2021, 11:00:49 am
    May 25, 2021, 11:00:49 am
    Greetings to the community and all the useful information shared in here. With that being said let me give you my run down. Just recently sold my F650GS with the pursuit of happiness of the only S1000XR for sale in my state (Alaska). As I finally pulled the trigger on this 2020 beauty the dealer tells me half way through paperwork that she still has the Hayes calipers on her. I was convinced with a set of free side panniers to make the purchase on 4/29 with being told parts arriving 5/11. A week later I was told they were pushed back to the 12th. The 12th hit and was told the 14th. I checked in on the 17th and still no parts just still sitting on backorder with no date given. I really want this bike but my riding season is short and was wondering if anyone here had knowledge about the backorder and expected release dates from Brembo as the dealer is no real help. The lack of being in the saddle has me questioning my desire for this bike over another at this point. Thanks for any information that can be provided.

• Online wessie   gb

• XR Master  ‐    618

Online wessie

• XR Master
    • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
    • Town: Cheltenham
    Re: "Own" an XR
    Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 12:31:31 pm
    May 25, 2021, 12:31:31 pm
    There is a worldwide problem with the supply chain. Brembo make stuff in China like everyone else. Your callipers could be on that ship being held in Egypt.

Can you ask the dealer to loan you one of their demo bikes or second hand bikes for a few weekends of the summer? This is pretty common in the UK dealer network. There's one chap on the UKGSer forum that is in his 3rd month of loan bikes due to waiting for a part for his R1250RS. He has had various bikes to play with, taking new bikes up to 600 miles for the 1st service to take place before they become part of the demo fleet.

dysfunctional