Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ordered S1000xr SE Sport  (Read 5016 times)

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
Ordered S1000xr SE Sport
« on: May 08, 2016, 10:16:48 AM »
Yesterday I took an S1000xr SE Sport out for a test ride for the second time however the difference this time was I had my partner on the back.  As my partner was happy with the seating and the stance of the bike in general.  I've gone ahead and ordered a red SE Sport with panniers.

Having done a bit of a deal with BMW Wollaston for my Kawasaki Z1000se "I think I've got a fair deal", BMW are going to change the standard SAT NAV holder for my Garmin 590lm as the 590 does not fit the standard holder.  Ok I understand that the wheel on the handle bar will not work but I was not spending another 500+ quid on another SAT NAV having just got the 590.

All being well I'll be collecting the bike next Sunday "15th May"  :046:

I'll be running it in as quick a possible as we're off to France in June to do the Normandy beaches, so I'll be using it every day to go to work and back and weekends out over the next few weeks to get it in for the first service, quick.

I still don't get it in this day and age why we need to do this with a bike, you don't have to with a one litre car, anyway running it in will be boring but I guess necessary.

Update next weekend once I have her :001:

After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline damodici

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE HP
  • Town: Nottingham
Re: Ordered S1000xr SE Sport
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 12:02:52 PM »
Happy days :)

Enjoy the bike  :821:

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 04:10:03 PM »
Why didn't you order the faster white version ?

Congrats you have just ordered the best bike BMW have ever made
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 06:34:30 PM »
Congrats. You're missing some great features by illiminating the wheel. Why not put the 590 on eBay and spend another few quid on the real deal? You have just bought a £16k bike after all!

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 06:51:55 PM »
I'd not be to worried about running the bike in even with the restrictor on more than fast enough to get you banned and some :002:

Offline Charlie171

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000xr Sport SE
  • Town: Heysham
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 07:29:25 PM »
Congrats. I've had the same bike for a few weeks now and LOVE it. I put the bar end weights on and in my opinion they are worth every penny. Nearly run in now after 110 Miles today and can't wait for a great summer on it.

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 07:56:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by RichS1000XR [+]
Congrats. You're missing some great features by illiminating the wheel. Why not put the 590 on eBay and spend another few quid on the real deal? You have just bought a £16k bike after all!
hey I get what you're saying however the 590 Bluetooth's to my phone so if I need to make calls I can..... I look at it this way I'm in Europe and it's been hot all day and the thunder storm has just hit and we're lost, and looking for the Hotel on cobbles roads so I want to call the Hotel without taking any kit off, the 590 allows you to do this!

I do get what you're saying I really do and I have thought about it I'll be retaining the standard kit so it may be an option at a later date.
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 09:34:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gazk [+]
hey I get what you're saying however the 590 Bluetooth's to my phone so if I need to make calls I can..... I look at it this way I'm in Europe and it's been hot all day and the thunder storm has just hit and we're lost, and looking for the Hotel on cobbles roads so I want to call the Hotel without taking any kit off, the 590 allows you to do this!

I do get what you're saying I really do and I have thought about it I'll be retaining the standard kit so it may be an option at a later date.

Fair enough. But the Nav V does that as well, IIRC.

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 01:20:56 PM »
 :046: yea I have the confirmation order and Reg plate :152: role on Sunday collection day

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Central
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 06:48:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gazk [+]
I'll be running it in as quick a possible as we're off to France in June to do the Normandy beaches,
I'll see you there!  Due to be on Pegasus Bridge on the 6th June.
S1000XR SE Sport

dysfunctional