Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: HP Rearsets review & questions  (Read 3234 times)

Offline wito

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
HP Rearsets review & questions
« on: May 08, 2016, 08:36:43 PM »
I have HP rearsets installed.

1) They give you -11mm more space in lowest/forward position as compared to stock. In -1 rotational and max to the back they're +3mm up and +30mm back as compared to stock.

2) HP rearsets are not foldable. Superior for track, but I'm not sure is it better to have foldable vs non-foldable pegs for touring.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:14:41 PM by wito »

Offline Mta1000XR

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2018 S1000XR
  • Town: Connecticut
Re: HP Rearsets review & questions
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 12:47:11 PM »
Are they worth it if you don't track? Are they any less comfortable? More vibrations
Ride That Thang!

Offline wito

• XR Junior
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 12:59:46 PM »
If you don't track, they're not worth it (just my opinion). For multiday touring, I even install regular pegs.

Offline Mta1000XR

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 03:04:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by wito [+]
If you don't track, they're not worth it (just my opinion). For multiday touring, I even install regular pegs.

So they're not as comfortable?
Ride That Thang!

Offline marcparnes

• XR Pro
  • Bike: '17 VFR1200X DCT
  • Town: SoCal
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 06:04:06 AM »
For me they are much more comfortable. I have them low and back which picked up some additional needed legroom and also made it much easier to get my feet down when stopped without having the stock pegs right where my legs want to go. I also noticed no vibration in the HP pegs which I did feel in the stock ones. I don't like the idea that they don't fold back when taking off from a light, though. I could see the possibility of getting a leg stuck if your foot hit something while starting off. No worries about touching the peg down in a corner if you have a center stand as the stand hits first. Found that out the hard way.

Marc
'18 Honda Goldwing DCT
'17 Honda VFR1200X DCT

Offline Mta1000XR

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 06:10:05 AM »
Wow the center stand scrapped in a turn ?!?! Did it make you lose control? sh#t I never thought that would happen .
Ride That Thang!

Offline marcparnes

• XR Pro
  • Bike: '17 VFR1200X DCT
  • Town: SoCal
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 06:12:08 AM »
I didn't even notice it but the rider who was chasing me sure as heck did  :034:

Marc
'18 Honda Goldwing DCT
'17 Honda VFR1200X DCT

Offline wito

• XR Junior
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 08:06:57 AM »
1) Comfort
HP Rearsets - they're more stable, less vibrations, and it's just 11mm more leg room in lowest back position (but you can feel this 1cm). But on the other hand - when touring, standard pegs have their advantages - they're bigger, so they provide bigger platform and some people don't know, but you can remove rubber, and have even more grip with the theet and more leg space (like 5mm). I run them higher than standard pegs. I use them for track, every day riding, short tours. For long trips I change to standard (because the fold and provide bigger platform and more grip without rubber).

2) Central stand stand
It doesn't scrap, and I run hp rearsets in midlle position.  First thing to scrap is my boot side. But I have a friend with low suspension option + standard pegs and his central stand scraps. That's the only XR I know that can scrap with central stand.

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 10:43:56 AM »
Wito do you ride with duck feet sticking out or with the balls of your feet on the pegs ?

If you ride with duck feet then you will touch your boot down easier.

Offline serge1966

• XR Pro
  • It's all good...
  • Town: Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 10:51:20 AM »
They do make coffee... cappuccino and latte etc... and on the way down from clearing the table, they turn every piece of left over bread into breadcrumbs...
Just joint the uk forum as the .com forum is a bit "stale"...
Have owned my XR for just about a year (Feb17) and yes... have the HP rearsets, installed from new as I'm doing regular track days. So... cant comment on what the OM feel like but the HP ones are great... feel much smaller and obviously higher up for the track but enjoyed having them.
Life always offers you a second chance... it's called "Tomorrow"...