Author Dash not coming on with key but bike starts  (Read 870 times)

• Offline bazzer   gb

• XR God  ‐    1193
    • Topic Author

Offline bazzer

• XR God
    • Topic Author
    • Town: Waterlooville
    Dash not coming on with key but bike starts
    on: June 08, 2021, 11:13:52 am
    June 08, 2021, 11:13:52 am
    Also had another intermittent fault while away and looking at the wiring diagram I think it might be the ignition barrel (again)

Anyone had this? Turn key  and dash does not turn on but the bike will still start and run? No indicators because the dash handles the left hand switch gear. Everything else seems to work OK

Then after bike ran for a bit and I switched it off and on again the dash started working again.

• Online Antares   gb

• XR God  ‐    1296

Online Antares

• XR God
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    Re: Dash not coming on with key but bike starts
    Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 06:35:57 pm
    June 08, 2021, 06:35:57 pm
    *Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
    Also had another intermittent fault while away and looking at the wiring diagram I think it might be the ignition barrel (again)

Anyone had this? Turn key  and dash does not turn on but the bike will still start and run? No indicators because the dash handles the left hand switch gear. Everything else seems to work OK

Then after bike ran for a bit and I switched it off and on again the dash started working again.

Probably an issue with the LCD display's +ve and -ve having contact issues some point in the chain. If all other indicators works (high beam, indicator, neutral etc) then it's probably that, if nothing works, probably an issue with the dash plug itself.

• Offline bazzer   gb

• XR God  ‐    1193
    • Topic Author

Offline bazzer

• XR God
    • Topic Author
    • Town: Waterlooville
    Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 06:39:27 pm
    June 08, 2021, 06:39:27 pm
    Bit of investigation, it could be the key line from the ignition barrel. The power to the dash comes direct unswitched from one of the fuses. There is then a key line from the barrel. This goes to the basic power control module too and there is a no keyline stored code in there. It's working now though so can't check it. Got to love intermittent faults  :)

• Online Antares   gb

• XR God  ‐    1296

Online Antares

• XR God
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 06:45:55 pm
    June 08, 2021, 06:45:55 pm
    *Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
    Got to love intermittent faults  :)

Yea yesterday I started the bike just set off and got a LAMPF! on mine thinking it just ate another bulb in 1 month I sighed, then 30 seconds it just went off and the bulb came on ???  :156: