Author 2020 euro5 stalling/ sluggish low revs  (Read 982 times)

• Offline Rufus   au

• XR Junior  ‐    3
    • Topic Author

Offline Rufus

• XR Junior
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: S1000XR 2020 K69
    • Town: Brisbane
    2020 euro5 stalling/ sluggish low revs
    on: June 10, 2021, 01:24:52 am
    June 10, 2021, 01:24:52 am
    Hi, new to forum...have a2020 Xr with the new euro 5 motor....  has anybody purchased the Woolich Racing software ....... They and Brentune appear to be the only supplies offering a solution for the new bikes...... Neither  PCv and RB can provide a "piggybank" solution.   DynoJet..stated quote "  as the new euro 5 ecu is 96% closed loop, we can not offer a PCv for the model"..   Awaiting response from Rapid Bike.

It seems that Woolich and Brentune are the only providers currently offering software upgrades/mods etc... Has anyone with the new model used  either to date(or someone else) ... any feedback much appreciated...

• Offline smithy   au

• XR God  ‐    2198

Offline smithy

• XR God
    • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
    • Town: Brisvegas.
    Re: 2020 euro5 stalling/ sluggish low revs
    Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 06:40:32 am
    June 10, 2021, 06:40:32 am
    *Originally Posted by Rufus [+]
    Hi, new to forum...have a2020 Xr with the new euro 5 motor....  has anybody purchased the Woolich Racing software ....... They and Brentune appear to be the only supplies offering a solution for the new bikes...... Neither  PCv and RB can provide a "piggybank" solution.   DynoJet..stated quote "  as the new euro 5 ecu is 96% closed loop, we can not offer a PCv for the model"..   Awaiting response from Rapid Bike.

It seems that Woolich and Brentune are the only providers currently offering software upgrades/mods etc... Has anyone with the new model used  either to date(or someone else) ... any feedback much appreciated...

Go the Brentune...many have it and swear by it. I have a Rapid Bike Evo on my Gen-1 and can't complain.

Whereabouts in Brisbane are you..??

Smithy
    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

• Offline Rufus   au

• XR Junior  ‐    3
    • Topic Author

Offline Rufus

• XR Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 10:45:58 am
    June 10, 2021, 10:45:58 am
    im at Holland Park.....

• Offline Belco100   gb

• XR Pro  ‐    301

Offline Belco100

• XR Pro
    • Bike: Gen 2 Racing Red
    • Town: Essex
    Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 11:00:59 am
    June 10, 2021, 11:00:59 am
    This could start a big argument over the rights and wrongs, but both will give you very good results.

Bren will deliver you a choice of Stg1 or Stg2 drop in tunes with a Handheld device that stores the pre-defined tune to drop in to your bike. I think their Stg2 has a flapper valve delete as well which will need you to through some spanners around to get to it. This one works by setting the AFR in the internal map (to say 13:1) and using the Gen2s wideband O2 sensors to retune to that pre-set level.

Woolwich Racing software is normally bought by a Dyno Operator as it allows access to areas of the ECU, but also allow them to develop a custom map for your bike, it's not normally something you can use yourself. I know they have just added the Gen1 XR, you would need to check if the Gen2 is on their list yet. EDIT: It is   :028:
    Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 11:15:14 am by Belco100

• Offline Rufus   au

• XR Junior  ‐    3
    • Topic Author

Offline Rufus

• XR Junior
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 11:44:21 am
    June 10, 2021, 11:44:21 am
    thank you for the advice... Im ok with having a workshop use the Woolich software... I also feel that the bike is then dynoed for local conditions, where as Brentune will probably need a dyno to Fine tune  after flashing myself etc... Also it my just be me but Aussie vehicles are usually European spec, which sometimes can be different spec to USA..