Author Topic: Gen2 XR Foot Peg Dangerous Failure; Fixed with SW Motech EVO Footrest Kit  (Read 2028 times)

Winger, SimonUK and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline JerryG

• XR Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2021 S1000XR
  • Town: Hendersonville
Call them, maybe they can figure it out from the description from my order and my order number.

Online Hugg727

• XR Junior
  • Bike: '22 XR on order
Also interested in these EVO's as I just placed an deposit on a 2022 Triple Black XR.  I sent them an email asking for the Gen 2 part number.

One of the only things I didnt like about the bike on my demo was the pegs stabbing the back of my calves while stopped at a light.

Offline JerryG

• XR Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2021 S1000XR
  • Town: Hendersonville
*Originally Posted by Hugg727 [+]
One of the only things I didnt like about the bike on my demo was the pegs stabbing the back of my calves while stopped at a light.

If they were actually stabbing you, you should check that bike to make sure they were not reversed during installation. Properly installed, they should fold backwards if they touch your leg and then they spring forward when you move your leg. If they are reversed, they will not fold backward, they will stab your leg; in fact, reversed, the foot pegs can seriously injure or break your leg if your foot gets caught on a pothole or road bump when the bike is rolling forward.
Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 09:18:35 PM by JerryG

Offline deanomyte

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2020 s1000xr TE
Just wanted to give you all an update on the SW-Motech pegs. I contacted the company and they said that the pegs for the Gen2 have been discontinued due to the lack of sales. "If you can find part#FRS.08.112.10201 it will fit your machine." Hope that helps someone. I haven't been able to find anyone in the states that has a set.

Offline garyculb

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2021 XR Sport
  • Town: Sumter, SC
deanomyte,

I have a used set of the SW Motech driver foot pegs for the Gen 2 XR that I do not use. Hope to go to the M type driver foot peg assembly's for X-mas.

Payed $160. Sell them for $125 shipped; CON USA Only; Item in Very Good Condition; Sold As Is.

Best,

Doc :028:
2021 XR Sport

Offline deanomyte

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2020 s1000xr TE
Gary,
I’ll take em….. man, I love this forum!! Great people here.
Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 01:24:29 AM by deanomyte

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
I really should pay attention at the back of the room  :015: I see this is the second thread about such which i’ve Missed...the stock pegs have driven me bonkers so hopefully they a solution.

Offline garyculb

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2021 XR Sport
  • Town: Sumter, SC
My SW- Moterch driver footpegs for a Gen 2 xr are SOLD!!

Best,

Doc :062:
2021 XR Sport

Online Hugg727

• XR Junior
I emailed them and after this reply I sent them a link to this thread
This is their original reply...
Are you a KLR 650 or BMW S1000XR owner?  We don’t make these any longer but if we find out who in the market needs them we might be able to get the powers that be to manufacture them again.

Cheers,

SWM-Team

QW

Best Regards

TEAM SW-MOTECH USA

Online Hugg727

• XR Junior
*Originally Posted by JerryG [+]
If they were actually stabbing you, you should check that bike to make sure they were not reversed during installation. Properly installed, they should fold backwards if they touch your leg and then they spring forward when you move your leg. If they are reversed, they will not fold backward, they will stab your leg; in fact, reversed, the foot pegs can seriously injure or break your leg if your foot gets caught on a pothole or road bump when the bike is rolling forward.
Thank you Jerry.  I did not know this.  I will certainly double check them on my bike when it arrives in December...hopefully it wont be stuck on a cargo ship in the Atlantic

dysfunctional