Author Topic: Recommendations for 1st New Tyres  (Read 1335 times)

Offline LeDuke

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR (2021)
Re: Recommendations for 1st New Tyres
Reply #20 on: June 30, 2021, 01:53:08 PM
To help the op even further  :138:
My two cents are:
When I go on track after trying all the above, i found the pirellis Diablo RossoCorsa2 to be the best.
Depends on your level and what you want to do on the track. I would go so far as to put SuperCorsas on the track. Others would stick to a sport Touring tyre. Rather than a flat out sports tyre.
I found the Metzeler Roadtecs to be not rounded enough in profile and suited more for touring.
I found the Michelins just too hard. However gives me great mileage.
Depends what you use your bike for.
I take it out on weekends only, i don't use it for work.
So im either canyon carving or track.
So with this in mind, my tyre choices are Pirellis DiablosRC2, Bridgestone S22, maybe Michelin Power5.
But then again, it doesn't rain alot where i am either and due to the heat, my tyres last around 5000 miles maximum.
So horses for courses mate. Any new tyre you choose is good.
Just make sure you are in the right category. In my mind, a sport/touring tyre will never perform as well as a sport tyre.
However, someone may want decent mileage, and decent traction in the wet.
Its hard to have it all in one.

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Reply #21 on: June 30, 2021, 08:34:45 PM
*Originally Posted by LeDuke [+]
My two cents are:
When I go on track after trying all the above, i found the pirellis Diablo RossoCorsa2 to be the best.
Depends on your level and what you want to do on the track. I would go so far as to put SuperCorsas on the track. Others would stick to a sport Touring tyre. Rather than a flat out sports tyre.
I found the Metzeler Roadtecs to be not rounded enough in profile and suited more for touring.
So with this in mind, my tyre choices are Pirellis DiablosRC2, Bridgestone S22, maybe Michelin Power5.
But then again, it doesn't rain alot where i am either and due to the heat, my tyres last around 5000 miles maximum.
Just make sure you are in the right category. In my mind, a sport/touring tyre will never perform as well as a sport tyre.

Excellent post Sir.. :028:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Warree

• XR Pro
  • Town: Pembury
Reply #22 on: July 19, 2021, 02:20:15 PM
*Originally Posted by LeDuke [+]
My two cents are:

As I have said before I really rated the M Road 5 on my Gen 1 having not got on with the OEM Battalax T30. My Gen 2 came with B T31 tyres so I tried them on a trackday. I must say that they were surprisingly good up to 55 degrees lean in Int/Adv group.
Having said that I have ordered Pirellis Diablo Rosso Corsa 2 before I push it any further  :028:

Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 02:22:43 PM by Warree