Author Topic: Auxiliary/ running lights  (Read 6938 times)

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Peoria
Re: Auxiliary/ running lights
Reply #30 on: January 25, 2022, 03:44:53 AM
Thanks for the reply BNAHOSS.  I just received the kit for the fronts lights and it contained two of the black light housings which look exactly like the ones that came with the bike, hence, the question.  I also communicated with Mark, the owner, before ordering and he was very helpful and owns a 2021 XR.  He told me they are going to have a dual light setup for the rear lights sometime this year.

Offline BNAHOSS

• XR Member
  • Bike: ‘21 XR
  • Town: Nashville, TN
Reply #31 on: January 25, 2022, 04:11:59 PM
*Originally Posted by RoadRunner [+]
Thanks for the reply BNAHOSS.  I just received the kit for the front lights and it contained two of the black light housings that look exactly like the ones that came with the bike, hence, the question.  I also communicated with Mark, the owner, before ordering and he was very helpful and owns a 2021 XR.  He told me they are going to have a dual light setup for the rear lights sometime this year.

Great. Seems there are two housings for the side lights. I had incandescent bulbs, no black piece was needed. Mark will make certain your squared away! nice bit of kit... ENJOY  :062:
stupidity has a knack of getting its way ~ Albert Camus

Offline Gen2s1xr

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Notts
Reply #32 on: January 26, 2022, 06:46:31 PM
Hi anyone know where to plug the ezcan into the gen2 s1000xr

I’ve found a connector under the seat.

Offline BNAHOSS

• XR Member
  • Bike: ‘21 XR
  • Town: Nashville, TN
Reply #33 on: January 26, 2022, 07:36:23 PM
It’s under the seat. If no alarm, it will be pinned to the plastic sidewall. It has a cap on it.
stupidity has a knack of getting its way ~ Albert Camus

Offline Gen2s1xr

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Notts
Reply #34 on: January 26, 2022, 07:57:22 PM
I’ve found a canbus connection next to the battery under the seat

Offline the bartender

• XR Pro
  • Town: Vancouver
Reply #35 on: January 27, 2022, 09:07:18 PM
i have mine installed on the inside of the passenger side plastic, using the connection off the alarm.

Offline Diavel

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Vientiane
Reply #36 on: January 28, 2022, 01:15:52 AM
As far as brackets go I installed mine with the L shape brackets that put the mini spotlights at the side of the headlights.Works fine and looks ok.  But I saw these brackets to fit them on the upper fork which I bought as they are big enough and might look even better 😁

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001143223575.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.27584c4deYGZ0x

Offline Love2Ride

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
Reply #37 on: February 02, 2022, 01:53:46 AM
Hey there,

So if you are going for long-range visibility with your lights, I recommend the Clearwater Darla. https://www.clearwaterlights.com/collections/krista-led-motorcycle-lights  They aren't too big but still super bright. If you don't mind going for larger lights, the Clearwater Krista is a solid choice. https://www.clearwaterlights.com/collections/krista-led-motorcycle-lights

I currently have the BMW "Nano" auxiliary lights on my XR. They work very well but I do think the Clearwaters are brighter because I've seen them on my friend's bikes.

I also have the Weiser Driving/Turn Signal lights installed. They do a good job of keeping me seen by drivers on the road. I have noticed that drivers do not pull out in front of me as often ever since installing them.
https://www.weisertechnik.com/collections/driving-lights-turn-signals/products/ultrabrights-extreme-2in1-led-drive-turn-signal-upgrades-white-amber-front-ext-dtc-bm01

I also have the Clearwater Billie Brake Light and it works great.

I hope this helps.

Offline Spiceboy

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR TE M'Sport
  • Town: Bury St Edmunds
Reply #38 on: February 08, 2022, 05:09:11 PM
Thought I'd add my alternative idea to this thread as I don't think anyone has posted this as an option.

1. Hex Ezcan wiring/accessory manager.
2. DENALI DM 2.0 Trioptic LED Light Pod with DataDim Technology.
3. Evotech Crash protectors - with optional spot lamp brackets.

I must have super neat and tidy on the bike and this set up is just that - IMO :038:

The brackets mount directly onto the machined area where the factory lamps would fit.

The Ezcan manager allows lots of options in particular the spots switch off when indicators are in use and come back on automatically afterwards, strobe when you flash the headlights and flash alternately when hazards are on.

Hope this helps those who are looking for ideas. :001: :002: :164:

Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 05:11:47 PM by Spiceboy
Cheers,
Charlie Spiceboy.

Offline Spiceboy

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR TE M'Sport
  • Town: Bury St Edmunds
Reply #39 on: February 08, 2022, 05:58:19 PM
Here's a link to a quick 30sec video of some of the features.

Enjoy.
Cheers,
Charlie Spiceboy.

dysfunctional