Author Topic: Gen 2 seat customisation  (Read 545 times)

Offline Darty65

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000XR TE (K69)
Gen 2 seat customisation
on: July 25, 2021, 09:31:46 AM
Hi guys,

Can anyone please put me in touch with someone who can customise my existing high seat? I just want some foam added to rotate my hips forward a little to stop me slouching in the seat thereby improving all day comfort.

I’m located in Hampshire, by the Coast.

Many thanks.

Offline Denzle

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Worcester
Re: Gen 2 seat customisation
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 11:05:23 AM
Tony Archer is your man, just do a Google search for him or ring him on 01484-536832.
Top man where seats are concerned, he’s done several for me and always top quality work.
He’s up north somewhere though.
Denzle
Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 11:06:26 AM by Denzle

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 12:35:44 PM
With 6 bikes on the go I could write a book on after market seats, it’s OK knowing what you want or thinking you do and conveying that to a custom seat guy,my experience it’s very hit and miss and it comes with a price tag.

With my X/R never had the stock seat even though the bike was new(another story) started with the high HP, bought another custom seat which was OK’ish but still wasn’t right, saw another on eBay...bingo and sold the HP seat as well, so i’d be Checking eBay and see what turns up, took me 3 seats before I got the right one and cost me peanuts to do it.

Offline Darty65

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000XR TE (K69)
Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 06:41:59 PM
Thanks Denzle and winger for your replies.

I was really looking for someone more local as I am situated in Hampshire. I have tried various aftermarket seats before and never found one that I was happy with so ended up going down the custom sculpted route. Sadly, the guy that re-trimmed my last seat isn’t around any more.

Thanks.
Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 06:44:24 PM by Darty65

dysfunctional