Author Topic: Low seat - is now a narrow seat.  (Read 347 times)

Offline BooBoo

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
Low seat - is now a narrow seat.
on: July 27, 2021, 10:02:04 PM
The seat on the bike seemed to dig in the back of my legs when putting my feet down - not that i've ridden the bike yet only got it back on the van yesterday... but trying it in the garage i noticed it straight away, so tonight seat off, cover stripped back, halfway was enough, pulled the foam back then i trimmed the sides of the plastic seat base closer to the line of the trims under the seat with a jig saw then sanded back so the seat edge no longer overhangs over the sides of the bike, it was about 10mm at the widest point tapering to nothing , i cant upload images to show the cut. Then i trimmed the foam on the shoulders of the seat top to be more rounded and less flat, smoothed it all out and re-stapled the cover on, great result, seat is really comfy now with feet down - no digging in the inside of my legs, all in it took about an hour. Took the sat nav wiring off too and fitted the Garmin XT straight onto the same mounting block on the bar so that was a result, wired straight to the battery - i don't need the jog wheel so i won't miss that.   :821: