Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Puig Racing screen - Anybody got one fitted?  (Read 4913 times)

Offline damodici

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE HP
  • Town: Nottingham
Puig Racing screen - Anybody got one fitted?
« on: May 23, 2016, 07:31:43 AM »
As per the title really, just wondering if anybody has got the Puig racing screen ?

Im after something a little shorter than the stock version, i initially bought the genuine tinted screen but have taken it off after one outing simply because I'm after a more aggressive look

The power bronze one might be too small so the Puig looks to be about bang on

Offline Parmenion

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000xr
Re: Puig Racing screen - Anybody got one fitted?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 05:14:55 AM »
a Pikes Peak Multi carbon screen with adaptor from 3 to 4 fasteners

Offline Weldxr

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 1000xr
  • Town: Scunthorpe
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 10:24:51 AM »
Did you try the plug screen ????

Offline damodici

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 10:46:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by Weldxr [+]
Did you try the plug screen ????

Yes mate,

See pics :

images no longer exist at source

Offline Weldxr

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 1000xr
  • Town: Scunthorpe
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 09:08:54 AM »
looks great  :047:

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 04:11:38 PM »
How does the screen fare against scratches? I've had my OEM one for 6k miles, and it looks as good as the day I fitted it.

Offline damodici

• XR Pro
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 05:06:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by RichS1000XR [+]
How does the screen fare against scratches? I've had my OEM one for 6k miles, and it looks as good as the day I fitted it.

Its thinner than the OEM thats for sure but its ok for less than £70. I had the genuine tinted and thats a really nice screen but sits higher by 30mm, this one sits lower at the bottom so theres not so much of the black plastic showing with the screen in its lowest mode. As for scratches i don't know, theres none on there yet so I'm not going to try to scratch it to find out :)

I thought you'd been through about 3 screens by now anyway Rich? Or do you mean you ran 6000miles  before you took it off?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 05:08:03 AM by damodici »

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 07:14:52 AM »
Ok, that's good to know. I've only had one tinted BMW screen, and took it off for around 500 miles while I used the Powerbronze black sport screen. That screen was heavily scratched after 500 miles of normal use, so I sent it back.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 02:56:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by damodici [+]
As per the title really, just wondering if anybody has got the Puig racing screen ?

Im after something a little shorter than the stock version, i initially bought the genuine tinted screen but have taken it off after one outing simply because I'm after a more aggressive look

The power bronze one might be too small so the Puig looks to be about bang on

I'll use this qoute even though I know you have one,still getting on with it OK,I've a stocker that works really well apart from its stock!! and it marks like f*** have the small Power Bronze which will/would be great for southern climes the Puig Sport looks a touch taller?

Offline damodici

• XR Pro
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 04:33:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
I'll use this qoute even though I know you have one,still getting on with it OK,I've a stocker that works really well apart from its stock!! and it marks like f*** have the small Power Bronze which will/would be great for southern climes the Puig Sport looks a touch taller?

I think the Puig is circa 30mm shorter in overall height as it sits lower when mounted.

If you look closely you'll see that the gap at the bottom of the screen isn't as big as when you have the stock one fitted.

So lay both side by side they're not to different, but the mounting holes on the puig allow it to sit much lower and so gives it that shorter look.

Plastic wise it feels a little thinner but i guess thats to be expected and it flexes more than the stock screen.

Having said that i don't see it move during rides, it doesn't vibrate or flap, its a screen and it works for me.