Author Topic: DRL Auto setting  (Read 582 times)

Offline maf_1

• XR Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000XR
DRL Auto setting
on: August 17, 2021, 11:05:35 PM
Hello all

Proud owner of a 2020 (Gen 1) triple black with a question about the auto light setting. With it turned on I only get the main lights and the DRL remains off. If I turn the option off and manually activate the DRL it illuminates fine. Am I missing something or do I have a sensor issue?  Tried shining a torch around to fake daylight but still no joy?

Thanks

Paul

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
s
Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 12:03:08 AM
*Originally Posted by maf_1 [+]
Hello all

Proud owner of a 2020 (Gen 1) triple black with a question about the auto light setting. With it turned on I only get the main lights and the DRL remains off. If I turn the option off and manually activate the DRL it illuminates fine. Am I missing something or do I have a sensor issue?  Tried shining a torch around to fake daylight but still no joy? Thanks Paul

Firstly, welcome...

A 2020 is a Gen-2. I suspect you have a 2018/2019 "Triple Black" as the 2020 Gen-2 didn't come in triple black, It may be 2020 plated but won't be a 2020 model....what is the build date of the bike..? Anything prior to ~August/Semptember of 2019 will be Gen-1. If it is indeed a Gen-1...the ambient light sensor is at the top right of the instrument cluster, next to the orange warning signal.

When in "auto" DRL mode, does the DRL indicator on the dash have a little "A" in it..?? If so it should switch automatically between on and off depending on the ambient light.

Smithy.
Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 12:08:38 AM by smithy
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline maf_1

• XR Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: DRL Auto setting
Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 02:10:23 PM
Thanks for the response

I'm aware the 2020 are Gen 2’s and didn't explain it thoroughly. I thought the sensor was as described and is where I targeted the torch. It's off the the dealers on Monday so I'll ask them to look at the fault along with a persistent service reminder for November, every time I turn the bike on

Thanks again

Paul

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
Re: DRL Auto setting
Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 08:38:27 PM
*Originally Posted by maf_1 [+]
Thanks for the response

I'm aware the 2020 are Gen 2’s and didn't explain it thoroughly. I thought the sensor was as described and is where I targeted the torch. It's off the the dealers on Monday so I'll ask them to look at the fault along with a persistent service reminder for November, every time I turn the bike on Thanks again Paul

You say you're aware the 2020 are Gen-2's but you say you have, and I quote... "Proud owner of a 2020 (Gen 1) triple black"..!

Anywho, let us know what the dealer finds.

Service reminder comes on when either the specified time "or" distance has elapsed, you can have your bike in storage for a year but the service reminder timer doesn't care and still logs the time even though the distance travelled hasn't changed, 12 months or 10k km/6k miles, whichever comes first. It's easily reset using Motoscan or a GS-911 and you can then set it to whatever distance or date you like in their menus.

Some owners complain that their service reminder light comes on and they've only done 1000km or miles since the last service, just means it has been 12 months since the last service.

Smithy.
Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 08:39:34 PM by smithy
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!