Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New XR arriving next week...  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Foggy

• XR Junior
  • Town: Yorkshire
New XR arriving next week...
« on: May 24, 2016, 09:01:57 AM »
Hello...

First 'new' bike, S1000XR SE Sport in white due next week :005:

I'm chopping in a K1600GT so am really looking forward to a change...and the weightloss. :008:

Not gone for the panniers, was thinking maybe soft luggage this time but no experience of it so don't really know where to start. Trip booked for Pyrenees and N. Spain later on, so looking for any advice on the luggage front...greatly appreciated.

Many thanks :821:

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
Re: New XR arriving next week...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 09:50:47 AM »
Congrats on the new bike, you're going to love it.  :821:

I use the BMW tank bag on the front, and Kreiga luggage on the back. For me, it's the perfect set up.  :028:

Offline gb.lh

• XR Member
  • Bike: The Faster Red 1
  • Town: Mancunia
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 11:46:54 AM »
Hi Foggy I did the same and chopped in a 1600gt...you're not going to look back fella, it's a cracking piece of kit. Only negatives I've found are that it can get a bit vibey on the bars around 5500 rpm typically around 75 but on mine subsided a little after a few hundred miles. All I've changed on mine  (which you probably will as we all have a farkle ) is the screen and some bar ends. As for luggage options I've found the standard panniers are good with luggage bags in and a 1200gs lc vario box on the top rack, also have put a red bagster tank cover on so I can clip on a tank bag which gives a lot of options . Good luck with your new motor buddy. An don't be afraid to ask questions always someone willing to help who's done it or going thru it on here buddy  :400:
F ¥€k work💩 let's ride 🚵

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Central
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 12:31:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Foggy [+]
Not gone for the panniers, was thinking maybe soft luggage this time but no experience of it so don't really know where to start. Trip booked for Pyrenees and N. Spain later on, so looking for any advice on the luggage front...greatly appreciated.

Hi Foggy and welcome.

I am off the Pyrenees, N Spain and S France early July, with the missus on the back.  To that end we will be sporting the OEM panniers, Givi Top Box and the OEM tankbag which gets a bit of a slagging but I find is really useful.

Enjoy the bike.  When are you in Spain?
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 01:53:44 PM »
Hi Foggy Welcome to the madhouse.

It seems we are all heading down to the Pyrenees this year I am going there with the Wife later this year as just got back from Alps.  Had 5 so it had to be a car   :112: wasn't the best but Grossglockner looked like the Artic. 

Not a fan of soft Luggage as it tends not to be a strong as the normal cans.  Also my wife tends to pack the Kitchen sink so I went mad and got the big cases from Givi  just need to find about 80kgs to keep the front wheel on the Ground.  LOL

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

Offline Foggy

• XR Junior
  • Town: Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 06:36:06 PM »
Thanks for the welcome :152:

Didn't realise the vario top box from the GS LC fitted, is this a better option than the one made for the XR?

Looks like the standard panniers are the way to go then, I have the inner bags for the K1600GT panniers, but can't see those fitting in the XR panniers :003:

We're away to the Pyrenees &N.Spain first week in September, not sure what rubber the XR comes with but I get the impression that the OEM tyre life isn't what it could be, so will no doubt be looking for some tyre recommendations to put on for the trip??? Always had Angel GTs on the K1600GT.

Oh...and the bikes coming early...this week :046: