Author sat nav exstension mount  (Read 1402 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline yorkiebiker   gb

    • XR Member  ‐    34
    • **
    • Topic Author

    Offline yorkiebiker

    • XR Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 34
    • Bike: S1000XR SPORTS S
    • Town: Leeds
    • Country: gb
    sat nav exstension mount
    on: October 04, 2021, 10:44:27 pm
    October 04, 2021, 10:44:27 pm
    Hi does anyone know where i can purchase an extension mount so i can fit the lockable cradle
    i have seen a set of brackets like the ones in this pict but cannot find them anywhere TIA


    Live for today tomorrow may never come.

  • Online Antares   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1073
    • *****
      #1

    Online Antares

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1073
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    • Country: gb
    Re: sat nav exstension mount
    Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 10:56:15 pm
    October 04, 2021, 10:56:15 pm
    *Originally Posted by yorkiebiker [+]
    Hi does anyone know where i can purchase an extension mount so i can fit the lockable cradle
    i have seen a set of brackets like the ones in this pict but cannot find them anywhere TIA



    Probably better off getting something like this designed and 3D printed. Gadgets like this tend to cost a fortune.

  • Offline yorkiebiker   gb

    • XR Member  ‐    34
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #2

    Offline yorkiebiker

    • XR Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 34
    • Bike: S1000XR SPORTS S
    • Town: Leeds
    • Country: gb
    Re: sat nav exstension mount
    Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 11:01:25 pm
    October 04, 2021, 11:01:25 pm
    yea know what you mean its just the 2 aluminum brackets i want seen a bike today in dealers with them fitted were left on bike when traded in. I can manufacture myself but just thought would be easier and quicker to buy, the ones i saw were black and had like a scrolled number 2 stamped on them ???
    Live for today tomorrow may never come.

  • Online Antares   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1073
    • *****
      #3

    Online Antares

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1073
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    • Country: gb
    Re: sat nav exstension mount
    Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 11:04:16 pm
    October 04, 2021, 11:04:16 pm
    *Originally Posted by yorkiebiker [+]
    yea know what you mean its just the 2 aluminum brackets i want seen a bike today in dealers with them fitted were left on bike when traded in. I can manufacture myself but just thought would be easier and quicker to buy, the ones i saw were black and had like a scrolled number 2 stamped on them ???

    This is not something i've looked at but if Wunderlich go pro mounts are anything to go by, it'll be at least 60 quid for 2 cut and bent aluminium sheets

  • Offline garyculb   us

    • XR Pro  ‐    151
    • ***
      #4

    Offline garyculb

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 151
    • Doc
    • Bike: 2021 XR Sport
    • Town: Sumter, SC
    • Country: us
    Re: sat nav exstension mount
    Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 11:12:33 pm
    October 04, 2021, 11:12:33 pm
    Take a look at TourTech: https://touratech-usa.com/Search-Results?q=Mount+gps&&p=2. You may find something that might work ???
    Best,

    Doc😉
    2021 XR Sport

  • Offline yorkiebiker   gb

    • XR Member  ‐    34
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #5

    Offline yorkiebiker

    • XR Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 34
    • Bike: S1000XR SPORTS S
    • Town: Leeds
    • Country: gb
    Re: sat nav exstension mount
    Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 11:18:37 pm
    October 04, 2021, 11:18:37 pm
    *Originally Posted by garyculb [+]
    Take a look at TourTech: https://touratech-usa.com/Search-Results?q=Mount+gps&&p=2. You may find something that might work ???
    Best,

    Doc😉

    Just had another look there but nothing that will do it Thanks
    Live for today tomorrow may never come.

  • Offline Deano747   au

    • XR Member  ‐    24
    • **
      #6

    Offline Deano747

    • XR Member
    • **
    • Posts: 24
    • Bike: 2018 S1000XR
    • Town: Melbourne
    • Country: au
    Re: sat nav exstension mount
    Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 03:41:37 am
    October 05, 2021, 03:41:37 am
    You don't say which year your bike is, but I have www.wunderlichaustralia.com/shop/wunderlich-navigation-security-kit-s1000-xr-black this Wunderlich locking mount on my '18.
    No extension arms required, it just fits onto the existing mount.
    Ignore the screen in the photo, not sure if it comes with the locking mount as standard now (mine didn't) or is a little glitch in their website ad.
    Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 03:42:27 am by Deano747

  • Online Antares   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1073
    • *****
      #7

    Online Antares

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1073
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    • Country: gb
    Re: sat nav exstension mount
    Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 12:50:41 pm
    October 05, 2021, 12:50:41 pm
    *Originally Posted by Deano747 [+]
    You don't say which year your bike is, but I have www.wunderlichaustralia.com/shop/wunderlich-navigation-security-kit-s1000-xr-black this Wunderlich locking mount on my '18.
    No extension arms required, it just fits onto the existing mount.
    Ignore the screen in the photo, not sure if it comes with the locking mount as standard now (mine didn't) or is a little glitch in their website ad.

    Damn I'm getting good at this!!! 110.91 AUD is 59.25 GBP I was a whole 75p off!!!  :046: :046:

  • Offline yorkiebiker   gb

    • XR Member  ‐    34
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #8

    Offline yorkiebiker

    • XR Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 34
    • Bike: S1000XR SPORTS S
    • Town: Leeds
    • Country: gb
    Re: sat nav exstension mount
    Reply #8 on: October 05, 2021, 02:25:47 pm
    October 05, 2021, 02:25:47 pm
    *Originally Posted by Deano747 [+]
    You don't say which year your bike is, but I have www.wunderlichaustralia.com/shop/wunderlich-navigation-security-kit-s1000-xr-black this Wunderlich locking mount on my '18.
    No extension arms required, it just fits onto the existing mount.
    Ignore the screen in the photo, not sure if it comes with the locking mount as standard now (mine didn't) or is a little glitch in their website ad.

    Its an 18 plate so that would do nicely its just i have the complete locking cradle which i was going to fit instead of standard cradle but that looks better.
    No problems getting in with the key ????
    Live for today tomorrow may never come.

  • Online Becksy   gb

    • XR Master  ‐    501
    • ****
      #9

    Online Becksy

    • XR Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 501
    • Bike: S1000XR (2016)
    • Town: Warwickshire
    • Country: gb
    Re: sat nav exstension mount
    Reply #9 on: October 05, 2021, 04:02:31 pm
    October 05, 2021, 04:02:31 pm
    Hi Yorkiebiker. Assume you a referring to a 2015-19 model. A few of us on the forum did home made mods on the existing mount. See this thread:-

    https://www.s1000xr.uk/index.php/topic,1060.0.html

    I did the mod at this time and it's still going strong, getting some longer bolts and fitting a spacer, thereby positioning the locking mount further out so you can get a key in. There's various photos in this thread.
    Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 04:08:30 pm by Becksy