Author Topic: Is this normal for BMW atm  (Read 2717 times)

Offline surik116

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr gen2
  • Town: London
Re: Is this normal for BMW atm
Reply #20 on: November 16, 2021, 04:59:12 AM
honestly, I would be happy to quick find 2nd gear than the neutral. Neutral is short spaced in all bikes, even in the Suzuki's(the best gear box ever). it is dangerous to go to Neutral while you are riding and hence the bikes are designed as such.

I find it hard sometimes, but I have put it down to my concentration and if it takes a second or more to find neutral doesn't bother me. by then I am usually stopped in a safe place.

I have R1m and have exactly the same issue, but just wee bit more easy to find neutral than BMW.

I live in London and close to Park Lane (flagship store). I found it to be very unfriendly. I have found Bahnstormers Maidenhead to be really good. I have brought 2 of my BMW from them and go back to them for service.

Maybe test drive another XR from a another dealer to see if it behaves same. I would recommend to test drive other bikes to see the difference.

Offline zx9landie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Camberley
Reply #21 on: November 16, 2021, 02:49:25 PM
I had a concern regarding a possible leaking for seal when my 2016 was under the BMW warranty.
My local stealer (Vines of Guildford) couldn't investigate for over 2 weeks.
so I phoned the BMW warranty people, who said it was covered & they would arrange recovery of the bike immediately, from my home.
Imagine my surprise when it went into Vines that day & Vines called to say they had found the time to do the investigation ! 

Online Antares

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Staines/Kirklees
Reply #22 on: November 16, 2021, 02:55:46 PM
I think they might have genuinely just not had time. Park lane is sh#t I agree, but Vines have always been nice and helpful to me and my mates. Same with Maidenhead.

Offline zx9landie

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Camberley
Reply #23 on: November 16, 2021, 04:57:09 PM
Apparently, if it's a warranty item - the stealer gets no choice - BM insist it's done same day, end of.

Offline rs87

• XR Member
  • Bike: '19 Triple Black
Reply #24 on: November 26, 2021, 09:25:03 PM
*Originally Posted by Diavel [+]
Its unbelievable really how poor this service is ? People have paid a lot of money for a better quality (?) motorbike that has a fundamental fault and yet one accepts that it will take BMW six weeks (in winter?) to book it to fix.......its really not acceptable and BMW should know this not condone it.

I've been trying to book my bike in for a service for the last two months (London) and can't get a slot

Offline Diavel

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Vientiane
Reply #25 on: November 27, 2021, 12:58:48 AM
*Originally Posted by rs87 [+]
I've been trying to book my bike in for a service for the last two months (London) and can't get a slot

customer.service@bmw.co.uk

Might be worth a shot to ask them to help....as you are "worried about the safety of your bike" 😊
Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 01:00:12 AM by Diavel

Online Darty65

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR TE (K69)
Reply #26 on: November 28, 2021, 12:29:20 AM
I went down the BMW Customer Services route when Bahnstormer Alton quoted over four weeks to book my bike in after the pillion foot peg fell off three days before a big trip. Vines Guildford did it over a lunchtime while I waited and also asked if I had time for my bike to be cleaned for free.

Barnstormers service manager phoned me the same day as BMW required, with a tough sh#t attitude. Haven’t taken either of my bikes back since.

Gave them a chance to sell me a new S1000XR TE this year and the cost to change quoted was £4,400; £4,900 and Bahnstormer at £5,900. Not the way to treat a previously loyal customer.

dysfunctional